SBI PO 2018 Notification for 2000 Posts Complete Details
SBI PO Exam 2018 Introduction – As all, we know that SBI (State Bank of India) has released its one more SBI PO notification 2018 to invite all its delegate aspirants to apply for the post of PO (Probationary Officer). But this time it has won all the clutches of candidates who wait for such opportunities to knock at their doorsteps.
Every year SBI used to declare its notice at mid of 365 days. But this time, it has announced invitation at just the beginning time of year, i.e. 21 April 2018. Last year, it had released its date on 5 May 2016. Yes, this time the candidates will enjoy 3 months advantage on their studies and full-on SBI Exam 2018 preparations.
SBI PO 2018 Notification Details
On 21 April 2018, the SBI has already released its new sbi po notification to apply for the post of PO and the last date to apply was 13th May. Department will conduct this exam in three phases (SBI PO Preliminary, Mains, and Interview).
The SBI PO Prelims exam date is July 01, 07 and 8, 2018. and SBI PO Mains exam date are 4th August 2018 respectively.
Around 2118 vacancies are proposed to be filled by the deserving candidates through this SBI PO Exam 2018.
The number of seats available for each caste is something like below-
|For PWD candidates||118 Posts|
The number of chances for candidate to attempt this exam is also restricted which is as below-
|SC/SC (PWD) – ST/ST (PWD)||No Restriction|
SBI PO 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria as on 01-4.2018-
You need to be graduated in any disciplined course from any registered college/university. Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) courses or CA can also apply.
The age of the applying candidate can be minimum 21 and 30 maximum. Here you need to understand one thing that the candidate who is born before 02.04.1988 and after 01.04.1997 cannot apply. But they can apply if he is born after 02.04.1988 but before 01.04.1997.
The age relaxation-
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||03 Years|
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||05 Years|
|Persons With Disabilities (PWD)
PWD Candidates Eligibility Criteria
|PWD (SC/ST)-15 Years
PWD (OBC)- 13 Years
PWD (Gen)- 10 Years
Also, Check Complete Details about SBI PO Eligibility Criteria here.
|SBI PO Salary 2018||SBI PO Admit Card 2018|
|SBI PO Job Profile||SBI PO Exam Dates 2018|
SBI PO 2018 Exam Pattern
The process of SBI exam conduction is almost the same. The process is divided into 3 tiers namely- Prelims, Mains and GD/PI.
Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Test for 100 marks will be conducted
online. The test will have of 3 Sections (with separate timings for each section) as follows:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 min|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 min|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min|
|SBI Exam Preparation Mock Test-Series Pdf Download||Difference SBI PO Vs IBPS PO Exam|
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern
It will happen for 3 hours and total 200 marks questions will be asked in examination applied with pre-set duration interval.
(i) Objective Test: The objective test of 3 hours duration consists of 4 Sections for total
200 marks. The objective test will have separate timing for every section.
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Minutes|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||45 Minutes|
|General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 Minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 Minutes|
One more test i.e. descriptive test will be conducted right after this, into which 50 marks written test will be conducted provided for 30 minutes. This test will take place on the same day of the main examination. An essay or a letter can be asked to write. Check Complete SBI PO Exam Pattern 2018 here.
|How to Prepare for Bank PO Interview?||Difference Between PO and Clerk in bank|
Group Discussion & Interview
The candidate who will pass the pre and mains ladder will be carried forward on this level. This is called group discussion and personal interview section. In group discussion round, the candidate will be organized into groups and given a good topic on which they will have to make a debate. This will be transacted for 20 marks.
The Personal interview round will contain 30 marks in which the candidate will be personally interviewed by the experts.
The candidate who will pass the interview section will be shortlisted finally to step their foot in their banking career.
Here, you note that the marks of pre-exam will not be added in GD/PI round, rather your marks in Mains will be considered.
Your merit will be calculated out of 100 converting all your performances at Mains, descriptive, GD and PI. Also, Check SBI PO Interview Preparation Tips.
SBI PO 2018 Selection Process
As you passed the prelims, you will be pushed in mains (200+50) where you have to fight even more tough competition. You have to manage your time duration on each subject with effective answers and efficient speed.
The third and final stage will be of GD and personal interview round which will contain 20 and 30 marks respectively but you will be footed at this step only after passing your mains.
Once you clear the third round, you will become SBI PO. KUDOS!
Note that on every wrong answer, you will face negative marking of 0.25. So, competition is cut-throating, you have to brush all your concepts well and speed your accuracy.
SBI PO 2018 Exam Dates
|SBI PO Exam Dates||Dates|
|SBI PO 2018 Online registration start date||07-02-2018|
|SBI PO Preliminary Exam date||29th & 30th Apr and
6th & 7th May’18
|SBI PO Prelims Result Date||17-05-2018|
|SBI PO Mains Exam Date||04-06-2018|
|GD/PI date||10-07-2018 onwards|
|SBI PO Final Result date||05-08-2018|
|IBPS Clerk Notification 2018||IBPS PO Notification 2018|
|IBPS SO Notification 2018||IBPS RRB 2018 Notification|
|SSC CHSL Exam 2018||SSC JE Exam 2018|
SBI PO 2018 Job Profile
Being a PO of any Bank and especially for SBI is a signature of dignity in itself. As SBI rules all over the nation covering every state and district, the “SBI Probationary Officer” is lined with every kind of skills, whether it be simple duties like clerical jobs, window operator job, supervisor job.
It may involve skilled duties like promoting the bank policies among customers, framing decisions on bank sensible matters, managing the foreign issues, communicating with every delegate on banking matters, handling cash management at inside bank and outside bank (like cash in ATMs) etc.
So, the tasks of POs are not that simple. You can say that the PO is like the pole of bank family who is followed by every bank aspirant. But, don’t worry. While reading this if you are thinking that how could you manage and justice with the PO post then put aside them all.
You’ll not be anymore told to manage all the functions altogether directly, rather, as soon as when you are admitted into the bank, you’ll be first given training for 2 years which is called your probation period. During the time, you will be introduced to every related task to that you become familiar with them and simultaneously and gradually you will become able to deal with delegate and sensitive targets also.
SBI offers its PO employees a benefit which other bank does not provide at all. It provides very quick promotions (condition apply to your working styles and progress report) to POs and gives chances to expose your talent to enhance your personality every time. Check Complete SBI PO Job description here.
It offers its employees 100% medical facilities, 33-day privilege leaves, 12 days commutative leaves annually along with sick leave and maternity leave. Not only this it recognizes and promotes merit by providing the scholarship to the meritorious children of all employees.
|What is the Job Profile of PO in Bank?||What is Bank Clerk job profile?|
SBI PO 2018 Salary Structure
|SBI PO Salary Package 2018|
|SBI PO Basic Pay||Rs. 27620/- (4 Increments also applicable)|
|Dearness Allowance (DA)||46.9% of the Basic Pay (Revised Quarterly)|
|(CCA)||This varies with the place of posting at 4% or 3%.|
|HRA||9%, 8% or 7% (Depends on the place of posting)|
There are various scales also to differentiate the standards of PO within the SBI. These Scales varies or ranges from scale-1 to scale-7, the salary of each is defined in below table.
|Latest Bank PO Salary and Allowances||Latest Bank Clerk Salary 2018|
How to fill SBI PO 2018 Application Form –
- First prepare yourself with some pre-requisites like your scanned photographs within the prescribed guidelines, an e-mail ID of yours and your e-card for making online fee payment.
- Now visit the website www.sbi.co.in.
- Find the appropriate link for Online Application form there and click it.
- Register yourself first if you are the new user after only which you will be given your registration ID and password.
- Use your Registration Id and password and move to filling your form.
- Enter your personal details regarding you and your address. Click save and next.
- Now, enter the center details as asked and browse your scanned photograph and signature. Click save and submit button.
- Please take care of your details while entering every information. Once you submit your form, you will be restricted to amend your information again.
- Now move on to payment window. Select your bank from where you want to pay the fees and select your card choice also and make the payment. Check Step by step guide on How to Make Online Payment for SBI Exam?
- Keep a backup of the payment receipt showed by the client server.
- An e-mail will arrive in your mailbox showing you every detail regarding your payment and other information. Your e-mail should be valid because every important information regarding the exam update will be automatically forwarded to you at your inbox directly by the institution.
- Your application form has been submitted now.
|SBI Clerk 2018 Complete Details||SBI Bank Clerk Job Salary 2018|
SBI PO 2018 Syllabus
SBI PO Pre Cutoff Marks out of 100 (category-wise)
SBI PO 2016 Mains Cut off (Subject-wise)
|Subject||Maximum Marks||SC /ST/ OBC/OH/VI/HI||General|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||60||6||9|
|General Awareness/ Marketing/ Computer Knowledge||40||10||13|
|Total Cut Off||200||60||70|
SBI PO 2016 Final Cutoff
|Category||Cut off (Out of 100)|
SBI PO Expected cut-off 2018
How to Prepare for SBI PO 2018 Exam with tips-
This is the most Googled question ever on the internet by the number of serious candidates. The cut-throat competition of SBI PO exam will take a lot of energy and entertainment and obviously full dedication of yours to beat the success. Here we are providing you some useful tips following which you can help yourself to pass the way.
- The exam of SBI and that too of PO is tough. To pass your prelims, you are suggested to focus more on English part because English paper comes somewhat tough, especially you should give priorities to Reading Comprehensions, Grammar and cloze test. Give at least 4-5 hours weekly for these topic preparations. SBI Exam Preparation Mock Test-Series Pdf Download.
- For Quantitative Aptitude section, make strong your Data Interpretation section. This is the most important and crucial part as it is scoring too. You only need to practice it daily and spend 7-8 hours weekly with it. Other important topics include Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Time and Work, Time and Distance on which you should practice 4-5 hours weekly.
- Your weekly 7-8 hours study should be focused on sitting arrangement topic which is the most important topic of reasoning subject. Inequality, Syllogism, data sufficiency requires 4-5 hours study.
- Total 5-6 hours study daily is enough to make yourself strong on every part.
- Make sure that you do not attempt any wrong answer question as it can harm you by the negative marking.
- Practice mock test papers as many as you can. For prelims, the attempt at least 60+ questions overall and 15+ in each section.
- Give online test series so that you become habitual of giving the test on computers.
- Target 140+ questions for main exam preparation.
- Always start your paper with the section in which you feel you are strong in.
|How to Prepare for Bank Exam?||How to Score Good marks in English in PO Exam?|
|How to Improve English Grammar for Bank PO?||How to Prepare Reasoning for Bank PO?|
SBI PO Career Path
All the chose Probationary Officers will be on probation period of two years amid which they will get concentrated preparing. Toward the finish of the preparation time frame, they should experience a screening procedure. Aspirants, who reach up to the predefined gauges, will be selected as Officer Middle Management Grade Scale-II. Be that as it may, other would be designated as Officer Junior Management Grade Scale-I.
The State Bank of India dependably anticipates giving monstrous vocation chances to competitors subject to meet the foreordained benchmarks.
Biometric Verification in SBI PO 2018
The bank dependably needs an unmistakable and blunder free choice methodology and in this manner, they may catch your thumb impression at a few phrases for the biometric check. In the event that, at any phase of choice, you are discovered blameworthy then your candidature will be crossed out in the meantime.
Thusly, we prompted students to keep clean hands from any these types of things like ink, Mehandi, chemical and so on for this verification.
Important Notes –
- You should take a print out of your SBI PO Online application form after successful submission.
- Double check your Exam eligibility before applying for this job.
- You are not permitted to submit more than one application.
- Applicants, who are either working in Quasi Govt./Govt. workplaces or Public division endeavors, they should create ‘No Objection Certificate’ (NOC) while going to the meeting.
- You should keep your Email ID up to date to receive updates from State Bank of India. All necessary information will be sent you on that.
Hope you find all useful information about SBI PO 2018 Notification now. If I missed something here OR you have any suggestion/query ask me via comment section given below.
|Latest SBI Exam Updates 2018
|SBI Exam Syllabus 2018||IBPS Exam Dates 2018|
|SBI Exam Pattern 2018||IBPS Exam Syllabus|
|SBI Question Papers||IBPS Study Material|
|SBI Study Material||IBPS Question Papers|