SBI Clerk Salary 2019 with Allowances, Promotion, After Revision and Probation Period + Career Growth Opportunities
Getting a dream job with great pay and maximum security is what every aspirant longs for. yes, bank jobs are most sought after job in India
A Clerk post is an entry-level post in a bank. if you are willing to work hard you can end up in a key position in big corporates.
Overall, bank jobs are one of the keys and challenging jobs in India.
Our today’s post is regarding the SBI Clerk salary, allowances, benefits, job profile, and growth.
Interested participants are keen to know what is the in-hand salary of an SBI Clerk. Read our post till the end to learn all about SBI clerk salary and promotion.
State Bank Of India (SBI) is going to publish recruitment notification for SBI clerk officer exam every year. A large number of candidates applying for it. SBI Clerk Exam is the second topmost demanding vacancy in India.
In topmost of SBI Exam 2019 today here, we are talking about the Latest “SBI Clerk salary structure 2019” and its allowances, benefits, increments, facilities details etc.
All of the candidates who wants to become a Clerk Officer in SBI Bank must familiar with all details like What is SBI Clerk salary? and What is job profile of SBI Clerk? etc.
so, without much ado, let’s get started!
SBI Clerk Salary Details
Whether the person is a clerk in SBI or at any other bank, he/she plays the same role in both institutions as a part of their jobs and duties. Due to the large extension of SBI in every corner of India places, there is a lot of pressure on SBI clerk employees. A huge crowd also for SBI Exam too.
Salary of SBI Clerk
- Basic SBI clerk Salary (Fresher) Rs.11,765
- Dearness Allowance: Rs.5,312
- Transport Allowance: Rs.425
- House Rent Allowance: Rs.1,800
- City Compensatory Allowance: 4-5% of basic salary
- The increment increases with seniority. Pay scales increase with seniority.
- Basic Salary of SBI clerk (after three years): Rs.13,730
- Revised SBI clerk salary(after a total of six years): Rs.16,715
- Basic Salary of SBI clerk ( after seven years): Rs.20,095
- SBI clerk pay scale after seven-plus seven years: Rs.28,110
- Revised Salary after 14 years: Rs.31,450
But this is also a prestige feeling in itself because it enhances and enriches the SBI clerk salary and perks of person day-wise thus increasing their overall personality, dignity, and standard of living.
From the very beginning, when the SBI came into existence, there is a very positive remark and strong goodwill hallmark in the minds of Indian citizens.
This is because it has provided its non-stop and fast services to its customers covering every rural and urban cities of India the people feel proud for being the part of SBI because it not only adds perfume in their dignity job but also enhance their personality and overall living standard.
- What makes SBI different from a large number of other banking institutions. The one foremost reason is the SALARY. Do you know, that is a salary cap of almost Rs 2000 which establish the difference between the SBI and other banks. major questions from students are
- How much salary does SBI Clerk get?
- What is SBI Clerk Salary after revision?
- What is SBI Clerk Career Growth Opportunities?
|Latest SBI Clerk Exam Updates 2019
|SBI Clerk Online form 2019||SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2019|
|SBI Clerk Syllabus 2019||SBI Clerk Admit Card Download|
|SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria||Free SBI Clerk Practice Test|
|How much is SBI PO Salary?||SBI Clerk Question Papers|
What is SBI Clerk Gross Salary?
The gross salary is the overall package which every employee earns from his job before any deductions are undertaken. It does not include any deductions for taxes or Provident Funds or extra expenses. It is earned by the employee on a monthly or yearly basis. In SBI bank, the gross salary of SBI clerk or say, junior clerk associate is Rs 20000.
What is Basic Salary of SBI Clerk?
This salary is fixed, core and a basic one for every employee in the same cadre. This salary is mandatory to be given to every same category employee, even if he/she has not performed good in business, or achieved bonus or any promotions. This is the literally fixed amount which is fixed by the recognized organizations. According to the bank, SBI Clerk Basic Salary is Rs 11,765
What is in hand salary of SBI Clerk?
As the name indicates, this salary is the amount which is handed to the employee in his/her hand by the employer after deducting it’s all associated and expected deductions, most probably like provident fund and other various taxes. SBI clerk cash in hand salary is around RS 19000 on an average as their take-home pay.
|SBI Clerk Salary 2019
|Total (without HRA)||Rs.18413.37/-|
|Gross with HRA||Rs.19589.87/-|
|Next SBI Clerk Exam Dates 2019||Latest IBPS Exam 2019|
SBI Clerk Perks and Allowances
Perks of SBI Clerks include
- Medical Cover: SBI pays 100% cost for medical treatment of a clerk and 75% for registered family members.
- Travel Allowance: Clerks with SBI and family members are entitled to Tier-II AC train travel throughout India for holidays. The bank also arranges free accommodation at locations where it owns guesthouses.
- Petrol Allowance
- Newspaper & Magazine Allowance
- Entertainment Allowance: for Cable TV and satellite TV, among others
- House Maintenance Allowance
- Briefcase Allowance
- Concessional Vehicle Finance
- Concessional Housing Finance
- House Rent Allowance or Lease (lease is available at selected locations only)
- Contributory Provident Fund
- Concessional Rate for SBI Pension Plans
- Furniture Allowance
- Two Year Sabbatical (Leave) for women clerks as maternity leave or children’s education
SBI Offers various allowance to its employees. These allowances vary according to the posts and location of the job. These allowances are:
Perks and Allowances provided to SBI Clerk
- Housing Facility– SBI provides fully facilitated homes on lease to their employees at their location of working. Some call it’s to accommodation services or lease rental facility. All are the same.
- Leave policy– The leave policy of SBI is very attractive. It provides 33 days privilege leave and 12 days casual leaves to employees. Pregnant women have the advantage to remain on leave for 2 years. Single parent or aged parents can also take sabbatical leave for 2 years. These maternal or paternal leave is exclusive to casual and privilege leaves respectively. If the employee wishes to not take privilege leaves then, in that case, he/she can convert their number of leaves in cash.
- Travel policy– The bank also offers its employees the travel opportunity along with guest houses, holiday homes as a complete package. These clerks are offered to travel to major cities or tourist places in India itself.
- Medical advantage -100% of medical benefits are offered to SBI employees. Not this only, their family is also provided the advantage of 75% medical reimbursement in case of any injury, sickness, or hospitalization.
- Reliable interest rates– The employees have the advantage on behalf of SBI to take over any large asset like Car, home or any kind of loan at very reasonable interest rates.
SBI Clerk Allowances-
DA – “DA” stands for Dearness Allowance. It is the part of the salary package which is fixed to meet the needs for the cost of living of the employee. Presently, it is 109% of basic pay but it may vary according to the location of the employee.
HRA – House Rent Allowance is given to only those employees who have not their homes or accommodation facility at their location of working. There is a criterion for providing 10% HRA of Basic pay or Rs 800 to clerks in the preamble of SBI. The persons owning their own house are exempted from these benefits.
The individuals who are working in busy and costly cities like Mumbai are given more HRA than those of other cities workers. Here, we have divided the places of states of India according to the cost of living there into three categories- X cities, Y cities, and Z cities.
- CLASS X Cities for Clerk post
Hyderabad, Delhi, Bengaluru, Greater Mumbai, Chennai, and Kolkata.
- CLASS Y Cities for Clerk post:
Vijaywada, Warangal, Vishakhapatnam, Guntur, Guwahati, Patna, Chandigarh, Durg-Bhilai Nagar, Raipur, Ahamdabad, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Bhavnagar, Vadodara, Surat Faridabad, Srinagar, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Dhandbad, Ranchi, Balgaon, Hubli-Dharrwad, Mangalore, Mysore, Kozhikode, Kochi, Thiruvannathpuram, Gwalior, Indore, Bhopal, Jabalpur, Amravati, Nagpur, Aurangabad, Nashik, Bhiwandi, Pune, Solapur, Kolapur, cuttack, Bhubneshwar, Amritsar, Jalandar, Ludhiana, Pondicherry, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Salem, Trippur, Coimbatore, Madurai, Dehradun,Moradabad, Meerut, Gaziabad, Aligarh, Agra, Bareily, Lucknow, Kanpur, Allahabad, Gorakhpur, Varanasi
- CLASS Z: all remaining cities will come under Z city category.
- CLASS X Cities for Clerk post
- Recommended – Bank Clerk Prelims Mock and Sectional Tests
SBI Clerk Career and Promotion Structure
SBI clerk jobs are considered to be most prestigious as far as banking jobs in the clerical cadre are concerned.
Yes, SBI bank has a strong culture that encourages performance-based growth
Check What is the starting salary of SBI Clerk?
The above figures show that the SBI clerk starting salary is Rs 7200 as the part of Basic pay and then till 3 years he will be promoted on the basic pay of Rs400 till he gets Rs 8200. Likewise, he will get Rs 19300 at the end of his career ladder.
For Trainee Officer-
The SBI clerk needs to give a written paper to directly jump to Officer cadre from the clerk position.
An exam is conducted internally in the organization itself for the clerk cadre, where the person is entitled to have minimum 3 years of experience along with CAIIB or He/she should have experience if 4 years along with JAIIB or simply should have 6 years of service experience in SBI bank.
For PO Exam
The perks and salary of this officer are the same as that of the PO. Similarly, for OJM cadre officers, there is also a written examination which is internal in nature.
Minimum eligibility criteria for clerks is to have minimum service experience of 6 years in the bank. Otherwise, 12 years is expected to get promoted under normal promotion channel. The perks are the same as that of PO but there is a salary difference between the two, i.e. Rs 6000.
|IBPS Bank PO Salary 2019||IBPS Bank Clerk Salary 2019|
|IBPS RRB Officer Salary||IBPS Specialist Officer Salary|
|Job Profile of IBPS PO||Job Profile of IBPS Clerk|
|Job Profile of IBPS RRB Office Assistant||Job Profile of SBI PO|
|IBPS Bank RRB Officer Job Profile||IBPS IT Officer Job Profile|
|SSC CHSL Salary 2019||SSC JE Salary 2019|
|CDS Officer Post Wise Salary 2019||NDA Salary Structure 2019|
The clerk has to fill the application form like the other candidates not on job fills and they have to follow a similar process to get selected for PO position. This is external in nature.
Apart from this, there exists a promotion channel within the clerk cadre itself. These positions stand for Senior Assistant, Special Assistant, and Senior Special Assistant.
These three different positions in similar cadre are acquired at different time durations of banking service by the clerk employee.
One who has completed 10 years, 20 years or 30 years of service, is promoted to Sr. Assistant, Special Assistant, and Sr. Special Assistant positions respectively. The special allowance part varies accordingly. Like,
Sr. Assistant- Rs 1800
Special Assistant- Rs 2500
Sr. Special Assistant- Rs 3500
|SBI Clerk Post Wise Salary Structure
|SBI Senior Assistant Salary||Rs.31253.00 – 105447|
|SBI Assistant Salary (Non-Bank)||Rs.21991.00 – 77557.00|
|SBI Assistant Salary (Banking)||Rs.17020 – 133260|
|SBI Clerk Probation Period Salary||Rs.18579 – 75914|
|SBI Computer Operator Salary||Rs.32252 – 75040|
|SBI Customer Care Assistant Salary||Rs.14476 – 84186|
|SBI Godown Keeper Salary||Rs.39574 – 71193|
|RK/RK cum Cashier Salary||Rs.29602 – 99513|
|SBI Senior Stenographer Salary||Rs.48502 – 81052|
|Spl RK/RK Cashier||Rs.56113 – 132678|
|SBI Spl Stenographer Salary||Rs.21152 – 106208|
|SBI Spl Assistant (Non-Bank)||Rs.53873 – 137095|
|Spl Assistant (Banking)||Rs.58782 – 190654|
|Sr Assistant (Nonbank)||Rs.41123 – 107603|
|Sr Assistant (Banking)||Rs.34377 – 165693|
Difference Between SBI Clerk and other Bank Clerks
The difference between the two is only Rs 2000/-. That is, the SBI provides Rs 2000/- more salary to its employees apart from other common allowances and perks. Besides this, it offers the clerks some extra benefits like the scholarship to children of the employees, telephone bill benefits, extra work benefits and all.
|SBI PO Salary Vs IBPS PO Salary||Difference Between Clerk and PO Salary|
Not only this, it provides the clerks the opportunity to expose their talent and job services at various financial platforms due to its vast and quick to avail phenomenon at every city, district, and the state of India. This helps them to understand the different and possible trends of finances thereby providing enrichment in the formula of their overall personality.
What will be Salary of SBI Clerk After Revision?
All bank employee is waiting for SBI clerk salary increment. Approx 20% – 30% growth will be expected in basic salary. Check SBI Clerk salary after 11th Bipartite Wage Settlement.
On the off chance that The Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) concur for 20% increment, Final Basic Pay will be Rs.15, 374. Along these lines, you will get add up to 38.80% of DA and HRA on Basic Pay. Along these lines, add up to Gross Salary of Bank fresher Clerk will be Rs.21, 339/ – (Worst Possible Scenario)
In the event that IBA concurs for 25% addition, Final Basic Pay will be Rs.16,015.So, add up to Gross Salary of Bank fresher Clerk will be Rs.22,228/ – (Somewhat Good)
On the off chance that IBA concurs for 30% addition, Final Basic Pay will be Rs.16, 655. In this way, add up to Gross Salary of Bank fresher Clerk will be Rs. 23,117/ – (Good Settlement)
SBI Clerk Salary after pay revision
|Increment (%)||Basic Pay||Total Gross Salary|
And SBI Clerk salary after 7th pay commission will be also in an increasing scenario.
Hope this Complete Guide on “SBI Clerk Salary 2019″increase your overall knowledge on this topic. If I missed anything here OR you have some interesting/valuable point for this article in any form like suggestion or query please share with us in the comment section given below.
To know more about Latest SBI and IBPS Exam visit given related articles below.
|Latest SBI Exam Updates 2019
|SBI Exam Syllabus 2019||IBPS Clerk Notification 2019|
|SBI Exam Pattern 2019||SBI PO Notification 2019|
|SBI Question Papers||SBI Clerk Time Management Tips|
|SBI Study Material||Bank Exam Preparation Tips|
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
/ 5. Reviews