How to Prepare for IBPS Preliminary Exam for PO / Clerk Post? IBPS Prelims Preparation Tips
आईबीपीएस प्रारंभिक परीक्षा की तैयारी कैसे करे? Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) started Preliminary exam for IBPS PO 2018 and IBPS Clerk 2018 post. Most of the students are not familiar with it. Here in this article, we’ll discuss complete details about “IBPS Preliminary Exam 2018” (आईबीपीएस प्रारंभिक परीक्षा) and How to prepare for IBPS Prelims?
First of all, you need to understand that what does prelims exam importance? – It is the primary step for all students in IBPS 2018 Exam. Qualified candidates will be able to participate in IBPS Mains Exam. So you need to focus more on Preliminary test preparation. Also, Download IBPS PO Prelims Admit Card.
Here you find lots of information such as IBPS Preliminary Syllabus with Exam Pattern, Marks distribution, and Proper Strategy of IBPS Preparation for Prelims exam.
IBPS Department already Schedule IBPS Bank Prelims exam for PO and Clerk post
- IBPS PO VIII Preliminary Exam Dates – 13,14,20, 21.10.2018.
- IBPS Clerk VIII Preliminary Exam Dates – 08, 09, 15, 16.12.2018.
- IBPS PO Practice / Mock Test Series Pdf
- IBPS RRB Prelims Preparation Tips
What is IBPS Preliminary Exam?
आईबीपीएस प्रारंभिक परीक्षा क्या है? IBPS Preliminary (Prelims) Exam details – It is an objective type paper which includes 100 questions from 3 subjects (English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability). And time duration is 01 hour.
Qualifying the Prelims in this way gets you to the Main Exam. Check the table below for IBPS Prelims Exam Pattern 2017. And Read How to Prepare IBPS CWE Exam?
|Reasoning Ability Test||35||35||01 hour|
|Quantitative Aptitude Test||35||35|
|English Language Test||30||30|
What to Prepare for IBPS Prelims Exam?
Each section has its value. Each chapter has an individual cut-off. Besides this, there is a minimum overall score decided by the IBPS after the results are tallied, that you need to cross to move to the next round. SO You should focus on IBPS Syllabus in detail for prelims exam and major topics from each subject.
Note – Question Paper Structure is the same for both exams IBPS PO Preliminary Exam and IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam. आईबीपीएस परीक्षा की तैयारी हिंदी में
IBPS Prelims English Language Syllabus
आईबीपीएस प्रारंभिक अंग्रेजी भाषा पाठ्यक्रम – English Language paper includes 30 questions of 30 marks means one mark for every question. Here examiner tests your Basic English skills. Who has good command they will score high in banking and other competitive exams?
IBPS Bank English Syllabus contains various topics such as Vocabulary, Grammar, Comprehension, etc. here we put some topmost items to be prepared for IBPS 2018 Preliminary Exam. Bank PO Exam Mock Test Series Pdf.
Major Topics to prepare – Fill in the Blanks, Comprehension Passage, phrases, and idioms, Spotting Error Questions, Preposition, Para Jumbles, Rearrangement of Sentence Questions for IBPS, Spelling Mistakes, Noun, Verbs, Direct -Indirect, etc
|English Topics for Prelims||Weightage of Qns.|
|Spot the error||5|
|Fill in the blanks||5|
- आईबीपीएस बैंक पीओ का सिलेबस हिंदी
- Mock Test Series for PO Exams 2018
- How to Crack IBPS Prelims Exam Without Coaching?
- How to Prepare for IBPS Mains Exam?
English Tips for IBPS Prelims Exam
IBPS English Preparation starts from basics. If you have the proper command, you can quickly complete the English section of IBPS PO and IBPS Clerk exam in 15 -20 minutes. Here you can check some valuable IBPS Prelims preparation tips for English.
- Strong Your Basic English Skills for that Read this Excellent Guide on English Preparation Tips for IBPS Bank Exam.
- If you are strong in English, you should first start with it. Here in this section you just required 18 correct answers to clear the sectional cut-off.
- If you are weak in the English section, then you should solve it after the Reasoning and Quantitative sections.
- Based on our analysis, we recommend you to avoid Para jumbles. Instead, attempt Fill in the blanks, cloze test, and Sentence Correction question. Once you are complete with them, attempt vocabulary questions from Reading Comprehension. It would be enough to clear the sectional cut-offs.
- You can check some best English Books for IBPS Preliminary Exam here.
- For Reading Comprehension Questions – You must understand the mean of passage first then try to answer.
- For Cloze Test, if you are confused between two-three options, then only move on to next question.
- For ‘Fill in the Blanks’ type of issues, the process of elimination is the best method.
- For Spot the error /Sentence Correction, speak the sentence in your mind, whichever sounds perfect is your answer.
- Practice with IBPS Prelims model papers for better Idea of the exact test.
- How to Prepare English Grammar for IBPS Bank Exam?
IBPS Prelims Reasoning Syllabus
आईबीपीएस प्रारंभिक रीजनिंग पाठ्यक्रम – Reasoning Paper contains 35 Questions of 35 marks out of 100. This paper is design to test your accuracy, calculation, and speed through logical problems.
And the examiner tries to consume your most of the time here so be aware of it. IBPS Reasoning Syllabus includes various topics and IBPS Prelims preparation tips for Reasoning Check some most important from them.
Reasoning Tips for IBPS Prelims Exam
Your primary focus should be on accuracy So try to solve easy section first such as Classification / Odd pair, Series Completion / Analogy, Direction based tests / Direction Sense Test, Number, Ranking and Time Sequence Test and Alphabet test / Dictionary, etc.
- Strong Your Basic Reasoning Skills for that Read this Advance Guide on Reasoning Preparation Tips for ibps 2018.
- Don’t waste lots of time on a single topic.
- Your Score depends on your accuracy with speed. SO try some IBPS Prelims mock test for reasoning.
- Learn Formulas and Shortcut tricks
- Also, Check IBPS Prelims Previous Year Papers
- Practice more and more with Mock tests.
- Recommended – RS Aggarwal Reasoning Books for IBPS Preliminary Exam here.
- IBPS Clerk Practice / Mock Test Series Pdf
|Reasoning Topics for Prelims||Weightage of Qns.|
|Seating arrangement||3 – 10|
|Coding-Decoding||3 – 5|
|Mathematical Inequalities||2 – 5|
|Blood relations||2 – 5|
|Syllogism||2 – 5|
|Arrangement and Pattern||0 – 3|
|Scheduling||0 – 5|
|Direction and Distance||1 – 2|
|Classification/Analogy||0 – 2|
|Series||0 – 5|
|Ordering and ranking||1 – 2|
|IBPS PO Preparation Tips with Shortcut Tricks||Difference Between IBPS PO Vs IBPS Clerk|
IBPS Prelims Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
आईबीपीएस प्रारंभिक मात्रात्मक रूझान पाठ्यक्रम – Quantitative Aptitude paper contains 35 questions of 35 marks. You should have well prepared for formulas, concepts, properties, shortcuts tricks, etc. to get success in this subject.
Check the Complete list of topics Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus for IBPS Exam here and IBPS Prelims preparation tips for Quantitative. Check Major Topics from this section in below table.
|Aptitude Topics for Prelims||Weightage of Qns.|
|Data Interpretation||5 – 10|
|Data Sufficiency||2 – 5|
|Simplification||2 – 5|
|Mensuration||1 – 3|
|Profit and Loss||1 – 3|
|Time and Work||1 – 3|
|Ratio and Proportion||1 – 2|
|Percentage||1 – 2|
|Number Series for IBPS||0 – 5|
|Quadratic Equations||0 – 5|
|Mixture Problems||1 – 2|
- You should Attempt Easy category questions first such as Simplification, Problems on Ages, Percentage, Average, Simple Interest, Profit and Loss, TSD, Ratio & Proportions, etc.
- This section consumes most of your time if you are not familiar with shortcut tricks.
- Practice more and more with IBPS Preliminary Mock tests.
- If you do not feel good about this subject, take it at last.
- Check Previous IBPS Prelims Question Papers for a better idea.
- Recommended – Arihant Quantitative Aptitude books for IBPS Exam
- IBPS Clerk Preparation Tips
- How to Pass SSC CHSL Exam Easily?
How Much Time to Allocate in Each Section?
Time Management for each section – Timing is the crucial part of IBPS Exam 100 questions in 60 minutes, not an easy task. You should well prepare for it. Here in this below chart, I divide your total exam time according to the subjects.
You must read this Excellent Time Management for IBPS Bank Exam for saving your time in the exam.
|Sections||Total Time Spent in Each Section||Duration|
|English Language||15 Min.||01 hour|
|Reasoning Ability||20 Min.|
|Quantitative Aptitude||25 Min.|
|Difference IBPS PO Vs SBI PO Exam Pattern||What will be SBI PO Salary?|
What to Do in Last Week for Improving Score?
आईबीपीएस प्रारंभिक में स्कोर कैसे बढ़ाये? – Hope this Complete Guide on “Preliminary Preparation” helps you a lot to better understand the IBPS Prelims exam structure. Now finally we turn towards the Last time Tips to Crack IBPS Prelims Exam.
- Remember about Negative Marking, So do not try to guess technique. You will be charged for every wrong answer from 0.25 marks. Check Complete Negative Marking Guideline in IBPS Exam.
- Always Make Small Notes on important topics, formulas, tricks, points, etc. for last time preparation.
- Recheck Last Year IBPS Solved Question papers for Preliminary exam
- During the last one week, you should focus only on the practice sessions. Practice the 1-hour IBPS PO VI Prelim Mock Test, which will help you to improve speed and accuracy.
- Don’t take too much stress on left topics instead strong your skill topics and do much better in it.
- Final Tip – Take Healthy Diet and Sleep well. Best of Luck. You can also suggest me other useful tips in below comment section. And also share your preparation experiences with me.
- IBPS Bank Coaching Classes
|IBPS General Knowledge Preparation Tips||IBPS Specialist Officer Preparation Tips|
What type of Question Asked in IBPS Prelims Exam?
- Choose the word or group of words which is most nearly the same in meaning.
Q – Repeat
Ans – Perform, Enhance, Achieve, Replicate.
Q – Prevent
Ans – Disturb, DEBAR, Discontinue, Defect, Accept.
- Each Sentence here contains a Word/Phrase. Choose the word nearest in meaning.
Q – The poor man stood abashed at the display of riches
Ans – Embarrassed, humiliated, surprised, elevated, none of these.
Q- He never recovered from the loss of his wife
Ans – Got by, Got over, Got aside, Got rid, none of these.
Q- He felt incensed at the way he was treated
Ans – Hurt, tortured, insulted, angry, none of these.
- Q – If in Each Number, the second and third digits are interchanged and the newly formed number is arranged in the ascending order, which number will be the second?
Ans – 153, 364, 279, 536, 298.
Q- Which of the following fifth to the right of the right of the thirteenth from the right end?
Ans – @, A, D, #, None.
- What value should come in place of?
Q – (6528 ÷ 48) x (1562 ÷ 142) =?
Ans – 1264,1496, 1612,1684,1728.
Q – 36 ÷ 0.3 ÷ 0.8 =?
Ans – 18,72,36,144, 150.
Q – ? % of 578 = 225.42
Ans – 33,37,39,43,49.
- What will be the Compound Interest on Rs 21250 after three years at 20% of interest per annum?
Ans 12750,15470, 13250,16230,14710.
|Tips to Crack SBI Clerk exam||SBI PO Prelims Preparation Tips|
What are the best books for Prelims Exam Preparation
IBPS Preliminary Study material is necessary for right direction preparation. Books are the primary source for any type banking or other competitive exams.
It provides you latest Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Plan, Analysis, Cut off marks, expected top most topics for the current year, IBPS Shortcut Formulas to Save Time in IBPS Exam and Strategy for How to Pass Prelims in First Attempt? Etc.
Here I bring you some of the Top performing IBPS Preliminary exam books.
|IBPS PO Preliminary Books||IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam Books|
|IBPS PO Syllabus 2018||IBPS Clerk Syllabus 2018|
Hope these Easy Steps and Tips for IBPS Preliminary Exam Preparation overall clear many things about How to Clear Prelims in the first Attempt?
You can also suggest me some other best ways for How to Study for IBPS? And Prelims preparation Tips for IBPS Bank Exam (आईबीपीएस प्रारंभिक तैयारी टिप्स) via comment section given below. You can also like our IBPS Facebook Page for latest updates and Official website www.ibps.in. Check Other Related useful articles similar to your interest.
|IBPS Exam Updates 2018 |
|IBPS Clerk Recruitment||IBPS Paper Pattern|
|IBPS PO Recruitment||IBPS Exam Time Table|
|IBPS RRB Exam||IBPS Participating Banks|
|IBPS SO Exam||IBPS Admit Card Download|
|IBPS Recruitment||IBPS Last Year Question Papers|