IBPS Eligibility, Guideline, and Relaxation for Person With Disability (PWD) / Physically Handicapped (PH) Candidates.
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) Scheduled exams for various posts this year for IBPS PO 2019, IBPS Clerk 2019, IBPS Specialist Officer 2019, and IBPS RRB 2019 etc. Every year more than 10 lac students participate in these tests. Before applying for IBPS Online Application form, all of you need to check your eligibility first that you are eligible or not.
Here department divides all students into some categories like General, OBC, SC/ST, (Persons With Disabilities) PWD, Ex-servicemen, etc. Each category aspirants have different eligibility terms, reservation norms, and relaxation. Here
Each category aspirants have different eligibility terms, reservation norms, and relaxation. Here IBPS Recruitment Guide provides you complete information on IBPS Eligibility for PH/PWD candidates.
Who is a Person With Disability (PWD)? (विकलांग व्यक्ति)
Definition of Disability (विकलांगता): Federal laws define a person with a disability as “Anyone who has a physical or mental impairment (शारीरिक या मानसिक हानि) that substantially limits one or more major life activities; has a record of such impairment, or is regarded as having such an impairment.”
Major life activities include walking, talking, hearing, seeing, breathing, learning, performing manual tasks, and caring for oneself. IBPS PO Practice / Mock Test Series Pdf.
Definition of Persons With Disabilities (PWD) According to IBPS
- Visually Impaired (VI) = नेत्रहीन
- Deaf & Hearing Impaired (HI) = बहरापन
- Orthopaedically Challenged (OC) = अस्थि विकलांग
- Physically Handicapped (PH) = शारीरिक रूप से विकलांग.
- IBPS Ex-Servicemen Eligibility Criteria
What is Eligibility Criteria for PWD Candidates for IBPS Exam?
In a case of persons with a disability what kind of disability is acceptable for IBPS? First of all, you should check your IBPS Exam eligibility for PWD candidates. In which Person With Disability Act 1995, clearly mention that every participant will take benefits of the person with the disability only if he/she suffer from more than 40% of the relevant disability.
And is certified by the Medical Board constituted by the Central /State Government. You will need to show your original certificates at the time of interview.
Candidate with the following disability is eligible to apply for the IBPS Bank Exam. Do You belong to PWD Category?
- Disability Certificate Format for IBPS Interview
- How to Choose Bank Preferences Order in IBPS Application?
|Probationary Officer Job Profile in Bank||Clerk Job Profile + Responsibilities in Bank|
|Difference Between Clerk Vs PO Exam||IBPS Negative Marking Guidelines|
Visually Impaired (VI) = Blindness (अंधापन)
- The total absence of sight,
- Visual acuity is not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses.
- Limitation of the field of vision subtending in angle of 20 degrees or worse. These are visual disability criteria.
Guidelines for Visually Impaired candidates
- Visually Impaired candidates (who suffer from not less than 40% of disability) may opt to view the contents of the test in the magnified font, and all such candidates will be eligible for the compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour Or otherwise advised of examination.
- The facility of viewing the substance of the test in the magnifying font will not be available to Visually Impaired candidates who use the services of a Scribe for the examination.
Deaf and Hearing Impaired (HI)
A person with a total loss of hearing in both the ears. A person cannot hear or understand sounds even after the amplified speech. Hearing impairment means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
Orthopaedically Challenged (OC)
A person with the locomotor disability or cerebral palsy with locomotor impairment of a minimum of 40% can apply.
- BL – Both legs affected but not arms,
- OA – One arm affected (Right or Left) with impaired reach or weakness of grip or ataxia,
- OL – One leg affected (Right or Left)
- MW – Muscular weakness and limited physical endurance.
|How to Prepare for PO Exam?||How to Prepare for Specialist Officer?|
|6 Time Management Tips for IBPS Exam||Quick Tips for English Preparation for IBPS|
Guidelines for Persons With Disabilities using a Scribe
- A candidate who uses writer gets an extra 20 minutes for every hour of IBPS Exam.
- The candidate can use their scribe at his/her own cost during the online examination. The scribe can be from any academic stream.
- If a candidate is visually impaired and is not using the service of a scribe, then he/she may opt for the magnified font.
- For the post of Specialist Officer, the scribe should be from a different academic stream as that prescribed for the post.
- IBPS PO Exam Eligibility 2019
- IBPS RRB Exam Eligibility 2019
- IBPS Clerk Exam Eligibility 2019
Reservation for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities
Under section 34 of “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”, persons with benchmark disabilities are eligible for Reservation. The reserved categories of disabilities mentioned in this Act are namely:
- a. Blindness and low vision;
- b. deaf and hard of hearing;
- c. locomotor disability including cerebral palsy. leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims, and muscular dystrophy;
- d. autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness;
- e. multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness in the posts identified for each disability:
Note: Definition of the above-specified disabilities will be as per “THE RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, 2016”.
The allocation of reserved vacancies for the persons with benchmark disabilities will be as prescribed in the “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016” and as per vacancies reported to IBPS by the RRBs.
Guidelines for Persons With Benchmark Disabilities using a Scribe
The visually impaired candidates and candidates whose writing speed are adversely affected permanently for any reason can use their own scribe at their cost during the online examination. In all such cases where a scribe is used, the following rules will apply:
- The candidate will have to arrange his / her own scribe at his/her own cost.
- The scribe may be from any academic stream. However, for Specialist Officers’ posts, the scribe should be from an academic stream different from that prescribed for the post.
- Both the candidate as well as the scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking confirming that the scribe fulfills all the stipulated eligibility criteria for a scribe mentioned above. Further, in case it later transpires that he/she did not fulfill any laid down eligibility criteria or suppressed material facts the candidature of the applicant will stand canceled, irrespective of the result of the CRP.
- Those candidates who use a scribe shall be eligible for the compensatory time of 20 minutes or otherwise advised for every hour of the examination.
- The scribe arranged by the candidate should not be a candidate for the online examination under CRP RRB VI. If a violation of the above is detected at any stage of the process, candidature for CRP of both the candidate and the scribe will be canceled. Candidates eligible for and who wish to use the services of a scribe in the examination should invariably carefully indicate the same in the online application form. Any subsequent request may not be favorably entertained.
- Only candidates registered for compensatory time will be allowed such concessions since compensatory time given to candidates shall be system based, it shall not be possible for the test conducting agency to allow such time if he/she is not registered for the same. Candidates not registered for the compensatory time shall not be allowed such concessions.
All participants must check carefully for their eligibility. And IBPS Department also gives ten years age relaxation in all post. IBPS Disability certificate format of PWD certificates to be submitted at the time of interview etc. can be downloaded from IBPS website www.ibps.in.
- SBI PO Vs IBPS PO Job, Salary, Career Comparison
- Upcoming SBI Exam Dates 2019
- SBI PO Salary and Perks, Benefits
Hope this Article gives you lots of information about Person with disability & visually handicapped criteria and guideline for IBPS Exam. Share this with your friends that it can help others. You can also share your exam experiences here.
|How to Crack IBPS Reasoning? Simple Tricks||How to Prepare Current Affairs for IBPS?|
For any query and suggestion regarding IBPS PWD eligibility and relaxation, you can use our comment section below. Check other latest ibps exam details here.
|IBPS Exam Updates 2019
|IBPS Clerk Recruitment||Latest IBPS Syllabus 2019|
|IBPS PO Recruitment||Latest IBPS Paper Pattern|
|IBPS RRB Exam||IBPS Exam Books|
|IBPS SO Exam||IBPS Exam Time Table|
|IBPS Notification 2019||IBPS Previous Question Papers|
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
/ 5. Reviews