How to Prepare English Grammar for IBPS Bank Exam? IBPS English Grammar Tips with basic concepts, Writing skills, Communication skills, Rules, and Notes.
English Grammar is the most important part of IBPS English Preparation. Most of the students asked this question much time here that How can I learn English Grammar? and How can we improve English grammar? Here in this article, you find various methods for improving English grammar skills.
IBPS department is going to conduct various exams in IBPS 2019 session for different posts such as for Probationary Officer IBPS PO 2019, for Clerk IBPS Clerk 2019, for RRB Officer IBPS RRB 2019 and for Specialist officer IBPS SO 2019. English paper is common for all. Let’s check How to Score good marks in English in bank exams?
Tips on How to Improve your English Grammar?
No doubt, the current scenario is seen today about the level of competition in the competitive exams has led the language ‘English’ up to that powerful vertex where it has challenged every individual to cross its latitudes and gain success.
People’s conception of English to just read English rules and crack English section in IBPS exam has now been changed and shifted towards just doing practices and learn more and more.
English grammar particularly has annoyed the candidates to crack their exam and it has undoubtedly proved to be the very clear reason for lowering their scores.
But no worries! We are here to help you out from all these fears and maintain your scores at where you desire. If you are searching for the valuable key to preparing for English grammar test or if you need to know how to schedule your proper English grammar practices, then this is surely the right destination. So, without wasting any more seconds, let’s start
Prepare the Basic Grammar Concepts in the Beginning
The foremost requirement for scoring high in the English Grammar section is that you need to be well-versed with the basic grammar rules. You need to learn 8-10 Important rules of each of the following grammar essentials:
- Degrees of Comparison
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Nouns and Pronouns
- Parts of Speech
- Number in Nouns
- Standard Construction
|IBPS Exam English Paper||No. Of Questions||Marks|
|IBPS Clerk English Syllabus||40||40|
|IBPS PO English Syllabus||40||40|
|IBPS SO English Syllabus||50||25|
|IBPS RRB English Syllabus||40||40|
How to Improve English Grammar Writing skills?
- Go Creative and memorize words
To improve your writing skills, you simply need to brush up your vocabulary first. Pick 10-15 words per day and learn them thoroughly. You can even add some creativity of your own to memorize things very easily. For example, just break the word into parts and take out the separate meaning of them of your own( in Hindi /English/another language which you understand) and link it with the original meaning of the concerning word.
- Read and read
Read your favorite novel. It is the best way to help you learn things and sharp your reading comprehension abilities too.
- Be your own teacher
Try to write stories, blogs or news each day about any topic(in a time limit, say 25mins) in your own way without doing any duplicity and also try to test and debug your errors.
- Useful tools-
You can use the following tools to check your accuracies-
• Grammarly tool- to check your grammatical errors.
• Google analytics- to check your content duplicity.
• Spell checker- to check your spelling mistakes. You can also use F7 to quickly catch the errors.
• Wordcount Calculator- to help you limit the given number of words.
- Use synonym/antonyms
Try to escape from using the same words again and again in your text. Make sure you put another same meaning word which would help you to learn synonyms and antonyms automatically.
|IBPS Bank Exam Tips – Shortcut Tricks||Reasoning Preparation Tips for Bank Exam|
How to Improve English Grammar Communications Skills?
- Make 2-way communication –
The first step is all we know very well. To improve communication skills requires communication. The more you communicate in English with people, the more you will become confident and lenient in speaking.
- Start slowly and rule fastly –
Just give you’re speaking a relaxing start and gradually with time speed up your communication. Also, put some new words into your communication as you come through simultaneously which will give a nice weight in your thought. Isn’t this exciting one?
- Be a good listener –
To express yourself nicely, it is necessary to become a good listener too. When you listen to things nicely and correctly, you grab them easily and push them into your quality speech. For this, you can listen to English songs, watch English news channels, movies or anything English audible.
|Difference Between PO and Clerk Exam||आईबीपीएस बैंक परीक्षा की तैयारी कैसे करे?|
How to Improve English Vocabulary?
Don’t try to learn all the vocabulary words into one go. Just pick a few words daily and made general tricks from them to let you learn more easily and quickly. Also, make sure to take down antonyms of the words at the same time so that you need not to mess up with your gained knowledge.
1. Try to use vocabulary words in your daily life routines so that you become habitual with them.
2. Always keep a dictionary (or digital dictionary) in your hand.
3. Play word puzzles with your friends.
4. Solve daily at least 2 passages from your practice sets or reference guide and don’t skip the meaning of new words for you.
5. Vocabulary.com, Lingro, Lexipedia, Snappy words etc are some powerful tools which will help you in this regard.
English Grammar Tenses –
This one is the most crucial and sensitive part of the English universe. Once you rolled up your sleeves to master it, then no one can push you back to achieve your goal.
You just have to follow the following steps-
1. First, learn thoroughly all the rules of tenses one by one.
2. Second, take down a number of exercises on direct-indirect sentences, speeches.
3. Third, explore fill in the blanks.
4. Fourth, take a look back on your exercises were done. Try to find out mistakes and do’s and don’ts.
5. Express your knowledge in your day-to-day conversations, require rather than only focusing on studying instead.
English Grammar mistakes to avoid
Keep all the rules in your mind very clearly. And Master over requires read more and more to improve the comprehension abilities. So read good and authorized novels or reference books. Read English newspaper daily, at least one article a day.
Best English Books for Bank Preparation
• The mirror of common errors
• Your school grammar books prove to be the best teacher to clear your basics at least.
• Michael Swan, practical English usage
• Sir, Ernest Gowers, the complete plain words
• Norman Lewis, Word power made easy
|English Grammar Books for Bank Exams –||Buy|
|Essential Grammar In Use (English) 3rd Edition Author Murphy||Check|
|English Grammar & Composition Very Useful for All Competitive Examinations 2nd Edition||Check|
|English Vocabulary books for bank exams|
|English Vocabulary Made Easy (English) 1st Edition Author: Shrikant Prasoon||Check|
|30 DAYS TO A MORE POWERFUL VOCABULARY (English) Author: FUNK WILFRED||Check|
|English Learning E-books|
|WEST-E English Language Learners (051) Secrets Study Guide: WEST-E Test Review for the Washington Educator Skills Tests-Endorsements (English)||Check|
|Bank Exam GK Preparation Tips – Tricks||Bank Exam Current Affairs Preparation Tips|
Best IBPS English Grammar Preparation Tips – Easy ways
- Whenever you feel bored reading comprehension or vocabulary just leave them and pick some easy topics like articles and speeches. You’ll feel relax.
- Only reading and writing will not let you get success. Carry out practice sets more as you can in a day. Only this will help you a lot to crack the exam.
- Don’t read English full day and night. Keep yourself calm time to time and set sometimes target to your study.
Alert yourself while reading whenever you go through an article in the newspaper, or read any novel. Focus your mind on the sentence structures, the tenses used in them and the rules applied and match it with what you have learned till the day. In this way, you will be able to track yourself.
- Set up proper time management for all sections (Grammar, vocabulary, etc.) check Time Management Tips for bank exams here. Give more time to the weak part.
- You can also improve your English grammar online via various websites and mobile apps.
- Check Previous Years Question Papers of IBPS Exam.
- You should also try English Grammar exercises, Mock test, sample papers and other study material.
- You should follow these given English Grammar tricks for competitive exams to get success in the first attempt.
- IBPS Exam Preparation Test-Series Pdf Download
|IBPS Preliminary Exam Preparation Tips||Bank Exam Interview Tips – Tricks|
What Types of English Grammar Questions asked in Bank Exam?
There is no fixed exam pattern of the exam but based on what was asked in the past 3 years of IBPS-PO and SBI-PO exam’s English section, we can say that the expected questions are as following:
|Type of Question||No. of Questions Expected|
|Reading Comprehension||10 Questions|
|Cloze Test||5 Questions|
|Spotting Error||5 Questions|
|Fill in the blanks /Sentence Correction||5 Questions|
Hope this step by step guide for How to Prepare English Grammar for Bank Exams? helps you a lot in IBPS preparation for English.
- IBPS Bank Mains Exam Preparation Tips
- How To Prepare Quantitative Aptitude for IBPS Exam?
- SSC CHSL Lower Division Clerk (LDC) Preparation Tips
- IBPS Coaching Institute
|SBI Date of Exam 2019||Salary of SBI PO in 2019|
|How to Pass SBI Clerk Exam?||How to Prepare English For SBI PO?|
So, all the best students. We hope that this blog will help you in some way. If you have any query or any doubt related to the blog or IBPS exam, you can ask us anytime. We provide 24*7 hours services to serve you better.
If I missed some points here let me know what you think about it. Also, share your bank exam experiences, any suggestion, the query in below comment section.
If you find something useful in this article (आईबीपीएस बैंक परीक्षा के लिए अंग्रेज़ी व्याकरण की तैयारी कैसे करे?) share it with your friends and community to help their English Preparation for IBPS. Official site www.ibps.in.