IBPS RRB Office Assistant Job Profile + Career Growth Complete Guide
IBPS RRB recruits people for two groups that are group A and group B. The recruitment process for group A and B is through IBPS RRB CWE. RRB stands for Regional Rural banks. These banks have been set up by Government of India to let the rural areas also getting benefitted from banking and financial services.
IBPS RRB Exam 2018 – The group A is considered to be higher level management such as IBPS RRB Officers and group B is considered to lower level management IBPS RRB Office Assistants (Multipurpose) in the hierarchy of management systems.
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts IBPS Exam of RRBs – The group A is also known as officer’s post which includes three posts. The Scale I, Scale II and Scale III are three posts categorized under group A. Check IBPS RRB Officer Job Profile in detail.
Group B is known as office assistants post. Here we discuss on IBPS RRB Office Assistant job description, work profile and career growth.
In order to crack the examination, the candidate should make the IBPS Study Plan accordingly. It is very important to collect the complete information for the job profile and what are the duties of office assistant post for the candidates applying for this post.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Job Profile and Work Structure
“IBPS RRB Office Assistant job” is the starting place for the lower level management. IBPS RRB assistant job profile ranges from accounts work, cash collections and even covers responsibilities like cheque verification etc.
This post completely rates to clerical functions and also serve as helping or supporting hands in various functions of the bank. It is not wrong if it is said that this post is the starting career of the banking sector. The “IBPS RRB job profile” is very much similar to bank clerk job profile.
What is IBPS RRB Office Assistant Work?
The work of office assistant in banks to do when selected for this post is as follows:
- Handling receipts: Receive and acknowledge for cash, drafts, cheques, pay orders and other instruments.
- Handling Withdrawal: Passing and paying out cash payment of withdrawal forms, cheques etc.
- Handling emails and delivery: Acknowledging the inward emails, preparing the outward email and managing the delivery of the checkbooks.
- The above work is done by the IBPS RRB assistant and maybe other supporting work could also be required to do by the candidate.
- The candidate is the front desk with the main part being interaction with the account holders of the branch. The front desk executive is the main phase of any branch as the people interact with those executives whenever the physical presence in banks is required. So these candidates need to make a good reputation of the bank as they were the face of the bank.
- IBPS RRB Assistant 2018 Selection Process
- IBPS RRB Office Assistant Exam Centers List
|IBPS PO Job Profile Details||IBPS PO Notification 2018|
Further, there is a probation period or training period which is usually of 6 months to 1 year. During this time, the candidates are provided with the knowledge and updated with all the bank details and also let them have the complete introduction to their work.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Salary Structure
IBPS RRB has different pay scales and salary structures and it varies from bank to bank. There are different policies for different banks as per their policy. The basic salary during the training period is around INR 10,000 to INR 15,000.
There would be a high increment in the salary of the office assistant according to their performance. The better performance, the more would the increment chances.
IBPS RRB office assistant salary ranges from INR 15,000 to INR 19,000 as per candidates’ performance and marks obtained. For office assistant at 100% DA for new recruits, the amount that would come in hand is INR 14,000 to INR 17,000.
There are different pay scales as well which are as follows: 7200 – (400/3), 8400 – (500/3), 9900 – (600/4), 12300 – (700/7), 17200 – (1300/1), 18500 – (800/1) – 19300.
|Post||RRB Office Assistant In Hand Salary|
|Office Assistant (Multipurpose)||Rs. 15,000 – 19,000|
The total salary structure is accordingly and salary would be provided as per allotment from the government.
- IBPS RRB Office Assistant Preparation Tips
- IBPS IT Officer Job Profile and Career Growth in Bank
- IBPS Rajbhasha Adhikari 2018
- IBPS HR Officer Job Description
- FREE IBPS RRB Assistant Practice Test Series
Life and Responsibilities of IBPS RRB Office Assistants
The life of the people who have been appointed as an office assistant in banks would definitely feel like dream come true. As there are thousands or lakhs of people or aspirants who have applied for the same post but the selected person would definitely consider himself/ herself to be very proud as they are now a part of the banking sector.
Even after joining as well people would love to do their work. They give very dedicated performance even during their training time and also they would feel like working for people to provide good services to the people.
As they are a kind of supporting staff, their main role is to guide the customers and help them out in a very good manner. The life is no less than a Bollywood hero by getting the job of his/ her own choice.
Promotions of RRB Office Assistant
As it is already mentioned that the office assistant job is the starting job in the banking career. It is termed as a multipurpose job because of nature of its work. So it is also known as “IBPS RRB Multipurpose Officer Job”.
The supporting nature helps the candidate to have coordination among the team members and also perform well. Because it is the starting job, there are many opportunities that a candidate can get throughout his/ her career.
The office assistant is one of the most popular and prestigious jobs offered by IBPS RRB. Timely promotions, professional satisfaction, and good allowances make it a good position to hold.
And as per ibps rrb office assistant promotion process, the candidates would be promoted to higher posts on basis of their performance.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Career Growth Opportunities
The candidates would get more opportunities for the promotions. There is very high job security compared to private sector banks. The career path for both the groups of the IBPS RRB post is as follows:
- For Office Assistant (Multipurpose) designation is office assistant/ clerk.
- For Officer Scale I the designation is Junior Manager.
- For officer scale II the designation is the Senior Manager.
- For officer scale III the designation is a Branch Manager.
- The next comes General manager/ Regional Manager/ Chief Inspector.
- And lastly, comes the Chairman.
So the candidates can look at the designations which are available for the candidates working as an office assistant. The candidates can be a junior manager, senior manager, branch manager, general manager, regional manager, chief inspector and chairman. There are huge opportunities for career growth in regional rural banks for the candidates.
In order to reach the heights of success, the performance is the factor that decides whether the life will be going in the positive direction that is the post at the higher level or in negative direction means no promotion or demotion.
|Difference IBPS PO Vs IBPS Clerk||बैंक परीक्षा की तैयारी कैसे करे? शॉर्टकट ट्रिक्स|
|SBI PO Officer Job Profile and Career Growth||IBPS RRB Participating Banks List|
The first and the most important thing is the selection of the candidates. The number of candidates applying for this post is comparatively high and so there is tough competition among candidates for the selection.
- The selection process will be based on Common Written examination and then interview round held by IBPS. So the process is very simple but it’s very long as it takes 4-5 months approximately for the selection of the candidates.
- The candidates need to appear for the IBPS RRB Preliminary exam first and then the qualifying candidates would appear for the mains examination.
- The candidates who would score high on the mains examination would have high chances of getting selected. IBPS will make a merit list according to which the candidates are arranged in order of their performance and marks scored in the mains examination.
- The shortlisted candidates would be called for next round that is interview round and then final selections are given allotment according to their performance. Check How to prepare for IBPS RRB interview?
- IBPS RRB Officer Practice Mock Test
- IBPS RRB Office Assistant Practice Mock Test
How to Become an IBPS RRB Office Assistant?
Before applying for IBPS RRB exam you should double check this complete guide on ibps rrb office assistant eligibility criteria via visiting this link here.
The banking sector is recruiting people and making them allow their career in a direction for the improvement of India’s banking structure and also making the upliftment and better future of India. The candidates are required to perform very well and for this, they need to prepare very well.
|IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims Tips||IBPS RRB Assistant Reasoning Exam Tips|
|IBPS RRB Office Assistant English Tips||IBPS RRB Assistant GK Paper Tips|
Because little knowledge is a dangerous thing and so candidates must surf the internet and the website of the conducting body in order to have the updated information for the exam and related information of the post. Good luck to all the candidates who are applying for this post and the hope is that the above article might have been useful for them to some extent.
If you have any query about IBPS RRB Office Assistant job profile or its career OR I missed any point here let me know in comment section given below. Stay tuned with us for Latest IBPS Exam Updates.