IBPS PO Syllabus & New Exam Pattern 2019
Dear Bank aspirants as we all know, IBPS PO is the most sought after and coveted jobs in India. Every second person longs to pursue a career in the banking sector due to numerous perks and advantages.
The department of IBPS has come with an excellent opportunity for those potential candidates who want to fight for the seats of the bank PO.
IBPS PO Mains Exam encountered quite a number of changes last year. So with this post, you will get everything you need to know about IBPS PO syllabus
As you all know that the role of a syllabus in an exam is something that cannot be overlooked. So, today’s post is designed for the purpose of delivering you with IBPS PO syllabus detailed guide so that you crack the exam with ease.
Always remind that “Work to become, not to acquire.”.
The aspirants those who are heading towards IBPO PO exam ( the most coveted job) must be well known with the syllabus. IBPS PO Syllabus Pdf Download (आईबीपीएस पीओ सिलेबस) IBPS PO Recruitment Conducting by Institute of Banking Personnel Selection scheduled IBPS PO 2019 in the month of October.
IBPS PO detailed syllabus 2019 will provide the contestant a clear idea about the nature of the question, section wise marks distribution and the total number of questions.
This year, IBPS PO for prelims exam is scheduled for October 12, 13, 19 & 20, 2019 and November 30, 2019, for Mains exam.
IBPS Exam Participants who successfully filled their IBPS PO Online Application Form they should have to focus on Preparation of IBPS PO Common written exam (CWE) because those qualify in “IBPS PO CWE” they shortlisted for next round of Interview. Focus on Syllabus of IBPS PO Exam & Exam Pattern of IBPS PO CWE.
In Below Article, you find the detailed syllabus of IBPS PO and also the Link to IBPS Bank PO Syllabus Pdf download, but firstly candidates need to make a notice on Latest IBPS Exam Pattern. And read about IBPS Exam Preparation Tips And also, check IBPS Preliminary – Mains Exam Syllabus for Bank PO.
IBPS PO Syllabus 2019
आईबीपीएस पीओ परीक्षा पैटर्न – IBPS set up PO Exam in two steps Common written exam & Common Interview. Here you find details of IBPS PO Prelims Syllabus but before it must check the details of IBPS PO Exam Pattern.
In 2018, IBPS PO Exam Pattern underwent changes, the same changes will be introduced in IBPS PO 2019 Exam Pattern
IBPS PO CWE is an Objective type online paper which covers five subjects Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude Test, General Awareness Test & Computer Knowledge. All subjects have their weight in PO Common Exam and have different marks. And negative marking will also take effect on the total score with 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
|IBPS PO Job Profile in Bank||IBPS Bank PO Salary Structure|
IBPS Preliminary Exam Syllabus
IBPS division plans PO/MT IX & Clerk IX exam in two levels Tier 1 and Tier 2. Level 1 is as pre-exam and tier 2 as mains exam. IBPS Pre Exam Pattern contains less target sort questions with shorter time. Pre-exam of IBPS exam have some quick and multi-decision questions (MCQ) from both subjects thinking English, quantitative inclination.
- आईबीपीएस बैंक पीओ सिलेबस टॉपिक्स हिंदी में विस्तार से
- IBPS PO Admit Card Download
- IBPS RRB Admit Card 2019
- Latest SBI PO Exam 2019
IBPS online test syllabus has been transferred to IBPS. You can download it from the connection given.
section to qualify the exam.
IBPS PO 2019 Syllabus in detail:
|English Language (30 marks)||Quantitative Aptitude (35 marks)||Reasoning (35 marks)|
|Reading Comprehension||Simplification||Logical Reasoning|
|Cloze Test||Profit and Loss||Alphanumeric Series|
|Para Jumbles||Mixtures and Allegations||Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test|
|Miscellaneous||Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Indices||Data Sufficiency|
|Fill in the blanks||Work and Time||Coded Inequalities|
|Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||Time and Distance||Seating Arrangement|
|Paragraph Completion||Mensuration- Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Puzzle|
|Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Syllogism|
|Number Systems||Blood Relations|
|Sequence and Series||Input Output|
|Permutation, Combination and Probability||Coding Decoding|
|Percentages||Statement and Arguement|
Key Points for IBPS PO Prelims
- It is considered as the qualifying examination.
- Candidates clearing this paper will be eligible to appear for IBPS Mains.
- The marks secured in this phase will not be considered while compiling the final result.
- There will be sectional cutoff as well as the overall cutoff to qualify for IBPS PO Mains exam.
|Sr No.||Test Name||Qns.||Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning Ability Paper||35||35||20 Min|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude Paper||35||35||20 Min|
|3||English Language Paper||30||30||20 Min|
IBPS PO Mains Syllabus 2019
The main exam for IBPS 8 is the second and important step to reach the goal of achievement. The paper pattern is structured in such a way that every subject needs to be attempted in a proper series within their respective allotted time duration. Check the table for more clear understanding. Attempt Free IBPS PO Mock Tests.
The office will issue changed “IBPS Exam Syllabus” soon. Tier2 exams are harder than tier1.
The table given below lists out the detailed IBPS PO syllabus for the Main examination.
|Data Interpretation & Analysis (60 marks)||General Awareness (40 marks)||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude (60 marks)||English Language (40 marks)|
|Simplification||Financial Awareness||Verbal Reasoning||Internet||Reading Comprehension|
|Percentage||General Knowledge||Circular Seating Arrangement||Keyboard Shortcuts||Grammar|
|Ratio and Percentage||Linear Seating Arrangement||Computer Abbreviation||Verbal Ability|
|Data Interpretation||Double Lineup||Microsoft Office|
|Mensuration and Geometry||Scheduling||Computer Hardware|
|Quadratic Equation||Input Output||Computer Software|
|Interest||Blood Relations||Operating System|
|Age||Directions and Distances||Networking|
|Profit & Loss||Ordering & Ranking||Computer Fundamentals/ Technologies|
|Number Series||Data Sufficiency|
|Speed, Distance & Time||Coding & Decoding|
|Permutation & Combination|
|Mixture and Allegations|
Note: The Descriptive Paper will be of English Language where candidates will have to write a Letter and Essay. Total marks for the paper will be 25 and duration will be 30 minutes.
|Sr No.||Test Name||Qns.||Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Min.|
|2||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 Min.|
|3||English Language||35||40||40 Min.|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 Min.|
|5||English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||30 Min.|
Participants required checking details of Syllabus for Bank PO Exam. All sections have their marks, and you must qualify for each section to shortlisted for Interview.
IBPS PO Mains Key Points
- There will be a sectional cutoff and overall cutoff.
- IBPS, the conducting body of the exam, has specified a sectional time limit to attempt each section in the Mains exam.
- An IBPS PO cutoff list will be prepared where candidates having higher score/marks will have their names on top of the list.
- Candidates with a higher score will be given priority for the Interview Round.
|SBI PO Salary and Benefits 2019||IBPS PO & Clerk 2019 Exam Prep Test-Series|
IBPS PO Syllabus Topic wise
IBPS PO Reasoning Syllabus – आईबीपीएस पीओ तर्क सिलेबस – Reasoning Section covers all logical reasoning questions. Check “Syllabus of IBPS PO Exam” Logical Reasoning contains Verbal & non-verbal Category questions. Verbal reasoning means blood relation / Sitting arrangement / coding-decoding / making series and Syllogism. Nonverbal include making series/analogy and classification. Check How to Prepare Reasoning for IBPS PO?
- Number Series
- letter & symbol series
- statement and argument
- Logical Reasoning Problems
- Verbal reasoning
- blood relations
- number ranking
- Making judgments etc.
- IBPS PO Exam Reasoning Syllabus Pdf Download
- SBI PO Mains Preparation Tips
- BANK PO Practice & Mock Test Revision Video Lessons
IBPS PO Data Analysis & Interpretation Syllabus
– (आईबीपीएस पीओ मात्रात्मक योग्यता सिलेबस)
Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus of IBPS PO Exam papers contains Various topics you should practice for all of them. Try some practice test and Mock test to better understand the paper pattern.
Major Topics – Number system, HCF & LCM, Number series, Problems based on numbers. Approximation Wrong Number, Decimal Fractions, Square root and cube root, Simplifications. Partnerships, Percentage, Ratio, and proportions, Average & Ages Ratio & Proportion, Profit and Loss, Simple Interest and compound interest, Time and Work, Time and Distance, Average, Mensuration. Permutation and combination, Data tables, Probability, Pie Charts, Bar Graphs, Line Graphs, Mixed graphs, Case study.
IBPS PO Syllabus Quantitative Aptitude paper cover all these. Check – IBPS PO Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus Pdf Download
IBPS PO English Syllabus –
आईबीपीएस पीओ अंग्रेजी पाठ्यक्रम – English Language Syllabus of IBPS PO Exam. It is the first paper of basic English knowledge. It has General English, Comprehension & Spelling sections which given below. Check IBPS English books for PO Preparation.
General English: Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Word formation and Sentence rearrangement.
Comprehension: Theme detection, Deriving conclusions, Passage completion, Error detection, and Passage Correction, Sentence correction. Spelling: Grammar, Idioms, and Phrases contain IBPS PO Syllabus.
|How to Prepare English for IBPS PO Exam?||English Grammar mistakes to avoid Bank Exam|
|How to Study for IBPS PO Exam?||Prelims Preparation Tips for IBPS PO|
IBPS PO General Awareness Syllabus
आईबीपीएस पीओ जनरल अवेयरनेस सिलेबस – General Awareness Syllabus of IBPS PO Exam General Knowledge paper which covers the latest information about the Current Affairs (Latest News), current affairs of last six months, Check How to Prepare Current Affairs for IBPS PO?
Awards & Honors Sports, Finance, Agriculture, Indian Economy, International Economy, UNO, Marketing, Indian Constitution, etc. History of Banking, countries/currencies, Books & Their Authors, Banking Terms, RBI, Fiscal-Monetary Policies, etc. How to Prepare General Knowledge of PO Exam?
- IBPS PO GK Syllabus Pdf Download
- IBPS PO General Knowledge Books
- IBPS RRB 2019
- How to Crack Bank PO Exam Without Coaching?
- SBI PO Practice & Mock Test Revision Video Lessons
- Documents List for IBPS PO Interview
IBPS PO Computer Syllabus
(आईबीपीएस पीओ कम्प्यूटर पाठ्यक्रम) Computer Syllabus of IBPS PO Exam covers Basic computer terminology, Software & Hardware questions, IBPS Computer Basic Topics, Computer abbreviation, DataBase Management System (DBMS), Microsoft-office, Basic knowledge of Internet use, etc. Also Read: – IBPS PO Computer Syllabus Pdf Download
IBPS Bank PO Syllabus Pdf Download via visiting the official site of IBPS www.ibps.in PO Syllabus 2019. IBPS PO Recruitment is a tough competition for all. Many candidates applied for this PO Vacancy through IBPS. Check IBPS PO Syllabus details carefully. For IBPS Exam Updates stay with us on the Facebook page OR YouTube Channel and Follow on Twitter for any query use comment section given below.
|IBPS PO & Clerk 2019 Exam Prep Test-Series|
|Previous Years Papers of Bank PO Exam with detailed solution|
|आईबीपीएस परीक्षा की तैयारी के टिप्स – ट्रिक्स हिंदी|
|SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019||SSC JE Syllabus 2019|
|IBPS PO/MT Exam 2019|
|IBPS PO Previous Question Papers|
|IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2019|
|IBPS PO Exam Dates 2019|
|IBPS PO Selection Process 2019|
|IBPS PO Reference Books|
|IBPS PO Exam Centers|
|IBPS PO Prelims Result|
|Difficulty Level of IBPS PO Exam Vs SBI PO Exam|
- IBPS Clerk Exam Time Table 2019
- Upcoming SBI Exam Dates 2019
- SBI Bank PO Admit Card 2019
- SBI Clerk Topic wise Syllabus 2019
IBPS PO 2019 Exam Pattern
IBPS PO 2019 Prelims
- Duration: 1 hour
- Total no. of Questions: 100
- Maximum Marks- 100
- Negative marking: – 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer
IBPS PO 2019 Main Exam
- Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Total no. of Questions: 157
- Maximum Marks: 225
- Negative marking: – 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer
IBPS PO Exam Pattern for Interview
- Candidates who have secured the minimum qualifying marks in IBPS PO Mains will be eligible to take part in the interview round.
- The interview round will carry 100 marks.
- This is the final stage in the selection process of IBPS PO exam.
- This round carries 20% weight in the final result.
- Through this round, a candidate’s communication skills and personality is examined.
Highlights of IBPS PO Interview
- Minimum qualifying marks for General Category candidates is 40%. Candidates belonging to a reserved category should score a minimum of 35% marks.
- Final Merit List is prepared on the basis of IBPS Mains and Interview round.
- IBPS PO Combined Score would be declared on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination and Interview in the ratio of 80:20
- After the interview round concludes, provisional allotment will be done as per the vacancies in different banks.
IBPS PO Sample Papers
Aspiring candidates are suggested to go through the maximum number of mock tests, to get a fair idea regarding the pattern and the questions that will appear in the exam.
Advantages of Solving IBPS PO sample papers
- Solving the mock test paper will boost the candidate’s confidence
- It helps in the understanding of the exam pattern and manages the time accordingly
- Sample paper consists of the previous year papers which are indeed really helpful
- One can track the performance while solving the sample papers online
Frequently Asked Question
Q What is the upcoming IBPS PO exam pattern?
There is a change in the IBPS PO exam pattern earlier it used to take only one exam now there will be both prelims and mains.
The main agenda of this bank PO exam is to fill the vacant position of government jobs. Those who successfully qualify both the exams will be called upon for the interview.
Q What is the IBPS PO exam pattern?
IBPS PO Exam Pattern At a Glance
|Number of Rounds||3 (Prelims, Mains, Interview)|
|Number of Questions in Prelims||100|
|Number of Questions in Main Exam||155|
|Total Marks for Prelims||100|
|Total Marks for Mains||200|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for a correct answer
-0.25 for an incorrect answer
|Exam Duration for Prelims||1 hour (60 minutes)|
|Exam Duration for Mains||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of Questions||MCQs (Additional Descriptive paper in Mains)|
Q What are the new changes introduced in the exam pattern?
IBPS has introduced a few alterations
IBPS PO 2019 Notification has been released by IBPS on Jan 16. The total number of vacancies this year are expected to be more than 4 thousand. The online registration is expected to begin in July. The exam is conducted in two parts- 1. IBPS PO Preliminary Exam and 2. IBPS PO Mains Exam.
- IBPS PO 2019 Application Forms will be released in July 2019 and will remain open for a month
- In 2019, IBPS PO Prelims is scheduled for October 12, 13, 19 & 20 and Mains are scheduled for November 30, 2019.
- Candidates who wish to apply must have a bachelors degree in a required stream.
- IBPS PO Exam Pattern is different for both the papers (prelims and mains
- Q Which books are recommended for IBPS PO preparation?
Objective General English-S.P. Bakshi
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination-R.S. Aggarwal
Analytical Reasoning-M.K. Pandey
Q What are the most important and scoring areas in English?
English is one the easiest section in the exam as most of the question that is asked here of higher and secondary level.
Some of the scoring areas in this section are fill in the blanks, rearrangement, spotting errors, reading comprehension, vocabulary.
Q. What are the advantages of IBPS PO sample paper in ibps po
The IBPS PO Sample paper constitutes of maximum syllabus topic along with marks.
- Solving mock papers boosts your confidence and increases the accuracy of solving the maximum number of questions.
- It helps in understanding the IBPS PO exam pattern and managing time in the exam. The IBPS PO mock tests maintain the same level of difficulty as the actual exam.
- The exam pattern of IBPS PO doesn’t change much and thus solving IBPS PO Sample Papers will give an edge to the candidates in knowing the format of the exam.
- Sample papers are designed in a manner that they also include some previous years’ questions.
- Candidates can track their performance level while solving sample papers online.
Participants preparing for the exam must apply the smart techniques to get qualified for the provisional allotment procedure.
To be thorough with preparation a candidate must solve maximum sample papers
Q Is there any descriptive paper in IBPS PO?
Yes, The IBPS PO Mains exam will have two papers – objective and descriptive.
Q What are the recommended books for IBPS PO Syllabus?
Candidates may refer to various books and sample papers published by different authors for exam preparation. Listed are a few books written by some famous authors /publications known for competitive exams:
|Comprehensive Guide to IBPS||Disha Publications|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Target IBPS PO||Disha Publications|
|Bank PO solved papers for PO & MT||Kiran Publication|
|The Complete Success Package- Bank Recruitment Examination||Arihant Publications|
|Computer Knowledge||Kiran Publication|
|Objective English for Competitive Examinations 5th Edition||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Banking Awareness||Arihant Publications|
Regarding any help, while PO exam, आईबीपीएस पीओ सिलेबस गाइड you may talk to us in our comment section given below. Check the latest IBPS Exam Updates via given the link and for any problem, you can check this article and get your solution also try helpline no. IBPS Exam Queries, Solutions, Helpline Numbers.