How to Prepare for IBPS PO? पीओ की तैयारी कैसे करे? Complete Guide on IBPS PO Preparation Tips
Probationary Officer (PO) – प्रोबेशनरी ऑफिसर is the topmost lovable post in the banking sector and is highly demanded thus exaggerating the competition. Now, what is the solution? Do you have any idea for How to crack IBPS PO Exam?
Follow me, here in this article; you will get a perfect IBPS Exam Study Plan.
Prerequisites – First of all you should know ibps po full form and At very first before you start preparation for IBPS PO, OR you are going to register IBPS PO Online it is necessary that you have proper information about PO exam such as IBPS Bank PO latest syllabus.
In Syllabus, you will find all topics that what to prepare? Then according to this, we plan the best ways for preparation and also focus more on your weak topics. Also, Download IBPS PO Prelims Admit Card 2020.
What is IBPS PO Exam?
- Phase I – Preliminary
- Phase II – Mains
- Phase III – Interview
- SBI PO 2020
Level I – Preliminary which is a starting level all participants required to qualify for it to attend next level which is mains. Check IBPS PO Prelims and Mains syllabus here. Those students successfully clear mains exam they are called for interview by various IBPS PO Participating banks according to vacancies available there.
IBPS PO Pre Exam Pattern
|Sr No.||Test Name||Qns.||Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning Ability Paper||35||35||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude Paper||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||English Language Paper||30||30||20 minutes|
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern
|Sr No.||Test Name||Qns.||Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Min.|
|2||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 Min.|
|3||English Language||35||40||40 Min.|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 Min.|
|5||English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||30 Min.|
- Complete Exam Pattern of IBPS PO
- How to Crack IBPS PO Exam Without Coaching?
- How to Prepare for IBPS RRB 2020?
- IBPS PO Prelims Cut off Marks
|Register for Free IBPS PO Mock Test Series|
IBPS PO Preparation Tips with Study Plan
After checking all of this now, the question is How to start IBPS PO Preparation? And the answer is followed these given “IBPS PO tips and tricks” which includes with topic wise details. If you are serious about this exam, you should follow these given points it will help you to get success easily in the next PO exam. Check Prelims Preparation Tips for IBPS PO.
Tips to Crack IBPS PO Exam
- Planning – It is a primary step for any of exam. If you do not plan your preparation for ibps syllabus for bank exam correctly, you make a terrible mistake. Through Study program, you will know that you complete all topics. And you can also give more time to your weak areas. Many students ask this question here “How many days required to preparing for IBPS PO?” it totally depends on your skills how much you want to make for it. So start as soon as possible. Register for SBI PO 2020 Online Course.
- Time Management Tips for IBPS PO Exam – You should divide your time into all subjects. Pay attention more to your delicate items. It is a not best practice that you spend your most of the time on an individual topic. Plan for every subject topic checks the complete list of PO syllabus topics first. And time also plays a significant role in Exam also divide time correctly for all sections otherwise you will leave many questions for the exam.
- Step by Step Preparation – The Topic wise study is a recommended tip for IBPS PO toppers. You should focus on a single topic at a time Don’t follow multiple topics at the same time. Better Plan for IBPS PO Success is complete an issue completely and then go for next. आईबीपीएस परीक्षा की तैयारी – आसान तरीके और ट्रिक्स.
- Update Yourself – Increase your four core skills (Reading, writing, listening and speaking). Don’t perform just like a reading machine you should have acted in all other activities such as Improve English Grammar, Reading Newspapers, magazines, Watching News channels and other General Knowledge/Current Affairs books enhance your overall awareness.
Note – You are going to become a “Probationary Officer”. You should have known about it must read given articles on PO.
Life and Responsibilities of a Bank PO IBPS PO Salary Structure
- Follow Practice Makes Perfect Rule – You should have practiced with IBPS PO Mock test as much as you can in real time. And also, try model paper of PO exam to get exact idea about the exam + type of paper. This practice also clears your self-judgment for all subjects that how much you prepared for that.
- Study Material – It is an essential part of your preparation that you have perfect means (complete and error-free) IBPS PO Exam preparation material. For this, Books are the best source. You should buy some of the best author IBPS Preparation Books. And Previous Year IBPS PO Question Papers. In which, you find complete knowledge with their prediction for relevant topics of the upcoming exam.
RS Aggarwal IBPS PO Books Arihant Books for IBPS PO
- Notes for Revision – It is a time-saving strategy for bank exam that you make useful notes like shortcuts formulas, tricks, and important points on a separate sheet for last time preparation. By doing this, you save your time in searching notes here and there for last time revision it will be very helpful to you up to examination hall focus on it.
- Expert Advice – You can also Join IBPS PO Coaching/Institute for an expert view. Where you find the professionals of banking exam. They’ll give you a better approach to IBPS Exam and helps you to make a proper study plan. Recommended – 35000 Questions, Video Solutions & mock exams.
- Final Tip – Feel free – You should have to go for IBPS PO preparation strategy with an open mind. Concentrate on your goal doesn’t think about your personal and family issue at that time. Stop thinking about the result just focus on the way. Keep yourself calm on exam days. Eat healthy food and sleep well. All toppers are made not by birth. Best Of Luck.
- IBPS Bank PO Online Test Series Section wise
- IBPS PO Vs SBI PO Difference
- आईबीपीएस बैंक पीओ का सिलेबस हिंदी
- SBI PO Salary Structure 2020
- IBPS PO Mains Preparation Tips and Tricks
- SSC CHSL 10+2 Preparation Tips
What to Prepare for PO Exam?
After checking these IBPS PO Preparation tips, you should check the complete course. Syllabus of PO Exam contains five subjects which are Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, General awareness, English language, Data Analysis & Interpretation and (Letter Writing & Essay). All subjects have its importance and values. Here IBPS Recruitment Guide provides you easy steps for
All subjects have its importance and values. Here IBPS Recruitment Guide provides you easy steps for ibps Bank PO preparation.
How to Prepare for IBPS Probationary Officer?
IBPS PO 2020 Common written exam (CWE) is an Objective type paper. The preliminary exam includes three subjects, 100 questions of 100 marks and mains exam contains five subjects, 155 questions of 200 marks. Now we focus on IBPS PO CWE Preparation subject wise In which you find top most topics, how to prepare for them with useful tips.
IBPS PO Reasoning Preparation
The Reasoning is a common part of the entire competition exam. This section is your golden goose. The reasoning section contains 50 questions of 50 marks out of 200. You can score full marks on it if you are a player of these types of questions. Your concepts should be clear. It only needs the practice that’s it otherwise it eats your most of the time in calculation.
Major Topics to Prepare – Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning for IBPS, Syllogism, Blood Relations, Coding-Decoding, Miscellaneous. Here we divide Reasoning Syllabus for IBPS PO exam in three categories. Separation of this according to the time consuming to solve a problem.
- Easy question types include Classification/ Odd pair, Series Completion/ Analogy, Direction based tests/ Direction Sense Test, Number, Ranking and Time Sequence Test and Alphabet test/ Dictionary.
- Medium difficulty questions include Syllogisms, Inequalities, Blood Relations, Coding-Decoding and Data Sufficiency.
- Hard types are Seating Arrangement, Complex Puzzle, Floor Puzzle and Input-Output Machine.
|Category||Weight age||No. of Qs.|
|Arrangements||25-30%||10 – 15|
|Syllogisms||15-20%||5 – 10|
|Visual Reasoning||10-15%||5 – 10|
|Data Sufficiency||10-15%||5 – 10|
|Sequence||10-15%||5 – 10|
|Critical Reasoning||10-15%||5 – 10|
|Complete the Series||10%||5|
Tips – First of all, follow this article for IBPS PO reasoning preparation tips it will guide you a lot. And now check some quick tips for How to attempt reasoning questions and what type of questions asked in PO Exam.
- Your primary focus should be on accuracy because there is negative marking for every wrong answer.
- If you are not perfect in reasoning section, take it at last. Remember it is a time-consuming part doesn’t waste your time here if concepts are not clear.
- Don’t spend lots of time on a single question.
- Divide time for reasoning questions.
- Identify straightforward thinking questions for high accuracy.
- Plan yourself from easy to hard questions.
- If your reasoning is perfect, then attempt difficult questions at the same time otherwise not.
- Your Score depends on your accuracy with speed. SO try some reasoning practice test.
- Register SBI PO 2020 Online Course
- IBPS Clerk Preparation Tips
- SSC JE Electrical Engineer Preparation Tips
IBPS PO English Preparation
The English Language is also a scoring subject. It contains 30 questions of 30 marks in PO preliminary exam and 40 questions of 40 marks in mains exam.
Here examiner tests your basic English skills through Vocabulary, Grammar, Comprehension, etc.. If you have good command on your English section, you will score more from it. Check Complete English Syllabus for IBPS PO Exam here. You just required answering 18 questions right to pass the Cutoff.
Major Topics to prepare – Fill in the Blanks, Comprehension Passage, phrases, and idioms, Spotting Error Questions, Preposition, Para Jumbles, Rearrangement of Sentence, Spelling Mistakes, Noun, Verbs, Direct -Indirect, etc. Check Best English Books for IBPS PO Exam.
|Category||Weight age||No. of Qs.|
|Reading Comprehension||25-30%||10 – 15|
|Sentence Correction||10-25%||5 – 10|
|Errors in Usage||10-25%||5 – 10|
|Fill in the Blanks||10-12%||5|
Tips – English preparation starts from basics. So you should have strong your basics first. And check Complete Guide below.
|English Preparation Tips for IBPS||Improve English Grammar Skills for Bank Exam|
- Give strength to your Basic English skills.
- Attempt English section first of the exam.
- For Reading Comprehension questions you should understand the passage first then answer all the issues.
- For the Cloze Test, if you are confused between two-three options, then only move on to next question.
- For ‘Fill in the Blanks’ type of issues, the process of elimination is the best method.
- For Spot the error /Sentence Correction, speak the sentence in your mind, whichever sounds perfect is your answer.
- IBPS Bank PO Online Test Series Section wise
- Documents required for IBPS PO Exam
IBPS PO General Awareness Preparation
General Knowledge (GK) is a vast subject. Here examiner tests your General basic awareness around the world. You should prepare for it. Check this complete list of topics GK Syllabus for IBPS PO Exam. It contains all type of questions from general topics such as
- IBPS Bank PO Current Affairs Preparation Tips
- Indian History
- Banking Awareness
- RBI related question for IBPS PO
- Books with Author
- Check IBPS PO General Awareness Books
- Law & Politics
- Indian Constitution for bank exams
- Finance and Insurance
- Indian Economy for IBPS PO
- Budget and Taxes
- Government Schemes
- Countries with their Currencies
- SBI PO & Clerk 2020 Exam Prep Test-Series
Tips – Your awareness around the world is topmost Probationary officer advice for GK preparation. You should have sharp your core skills of knowledge. Check this Complete Guide on IBPS PO General Awareness Preparation Tips.
- Maintain Reading habit (Newspapers, magazines, books)
- Watching News Channel on a daily basis
- Pay Attention to regular events and Programs.
- Buy some Current Affairs books to polish your mind.
Note – For IBPS PO Current Affairs Preparation you should have to keep an eye on events like Sports, Awards, Entertainment, Corporate, and Politics, etc.
IBPS PO Data Analysis & Interpretation Preparation
Quantitative section is the toughest part of IBPS Probationary Officer Preparation. Most of the students are afraid of this part. Aptitude paper design to tests your calculation skills and knowledge of school-level mathematics. You should have well prepared for formulas, concepts, properties, shortcuts tricks, etc. to get success on this subject. Check the Complete list of topics Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus for IBPS PO Exam.
Aptitude Section contains 35 questions of 35 marks in IBPS Prelims and 50 questions of 50 marks out of 200. So the paperweight is 25% which is a big part. The major topic of this section is Number Series Tricks for IBPS PO, Arithmetic, Modern Maths, Geometry and Data Interpretation (DI).
|Category||Weight age||No. of Qs.|
|Data Interpretation||40 – 50%||15 – 20|
|Calculation Techniques / Approximations||25 – 30%||10 – 15|
|Mathematics||5 – 10%||5 – 10|
|Data Sufficiency / Quantitative Comparison||5%||5|
|Complete the Series||5%||5|
- This section required practice. More and more practice.
- Attempt easy category questions first such as Simplification, Problems on Ages, Percentage, Average, Simple Interest, Profit and Loss, TSD, Ratio & Proportions, etc.
- If you do not feel good about this subject, take it at last.
- Difficult question category Probability, Quadratic Equations, Mixture and allegations, Time and Work, Time Speed and Distance, and Number Series.
- IBPS PO Quantitative Aptitude Preparation Tips
IBPS PO Computer Preparation
The Computer Awareness section is base on your practical knowledge. You should have basic working knowledge of computer, how to use its applications. The computer section includes 20 questions of 20 marks in IBPS Mains exam. Here is a complete list of topics Computer Syllabus for IBPS PO Exam.
Major topics to prepare – Basics of Computer for IBPS, Hardware, Software & Desktop Applications and Windows, Microsoft Office Applications, Keyboard Shortcuts, Internet and Networking, Terminology and Latest News, Operating System notes for ibps, etc.
These all IBPS PO Study tips are base on experiences of last year students. Follow all of these steps not an easy task but complete as much as you can. IBPS Exam Preparation is not a few days job you should pay more time for it as you can. Now check other points.
How to Prepare for IBPS PO Interview?
Most of the students who are qualifying for the written exam they have not prepared for PO interview which is also an important part of this test. Check this complete Guide on IBPS PO Common Interview preparation. You should follow these given steps regularly to pass the interview session quickly.
The interviewer will check the primary qualities of a “Probationary Officer” in you like Your behavior, leadership quality, Ability to handle pressure, Educational background and knowledge of the banking sector, etc.
- All documents in an order
- Revise the basics of your subject
- Update with Latest news (Read Newspapers on daily basis)
- Don’t Panic Stay Calm.
- Present your real personality
- Try to impress them – Understand your strengths, your weak areas, hobbies and interests, your work experience, etc. before the interview.
- Be Practical and Be honest. Follow these ibps PO exam tips to get success in the Interview.
- IBPS PO Practice / Mock Test Series Pdf
Ultimate Guide – Specialist Officer Preparation Plan
Is there a Negative Marking for IBPS PO Exam?
Yes, Penalty for every Wrong Answer marked in objective test. For every wrong answer, you will charge one-fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question. No penalty for empty questions. So don’t guess answers think before answer a question. Every four wrong answers equal to one right answer. You should first attempt easily to solve issues. Check How to Reduce Negative Marking in IBPS?
|How to Prepare for SBI Clerk Exam?||How to Start SBI PO Preparation?|
What to do in last week for improving score in IBPS PO Exam?
IBPS PO Last minutes preparation is also a crucial part. You can easily increase your overall score by following these given IBPS PO tips to prepare.
- Check Last Year’s IBPS Solved question papers for an exact idea of the exam.
- Make small notes while preparation like shortcuts, formulas, tricks, important points for last time revision.
- Revise all topics again.
- Don’t take stress for the incomplete question.
- Do not spend more time on a single topic.
- Participate in Online Preparation for IBPS PO like Mock Test / Practice test, Speed Test and Try some test series too.
- On Exam day – First of all, stays calm in the examination hall. Do not guess the answers remember about negative marking. Don’t give most of your time to a single question. Always solve easy questions first it will maintain your score.
- Various types of questions asked in IBPS PO Exam make a strategy for solving them in a proper manner. This practice saves your time.
- IBPS PO & Clerk 2020 Exam Prep Test-Series
Best Book to Prepare for IBPS PO exam
Books are the best source and the right answer to how to prepare for PO exam? Here are some best author IBPS PO books for preparation it will give you a better approach, relevant topics for this year, Expected important questions and better ideas with tips to solve issues.
- The Complete Success Package – Bank PO Recruitment Examination (English) 7 Edition
- Comprehensive Guide to IBPS-CWE Bank PO/ MT Prelim + Main Exam
- Previous Years papers of Bank PO Exam with detailed solution
- SBI PO 2020 Online Course
- IBPS Coaching Classes
Hope this IBPS PO Preparation Guide (आईबीपीएस पीओ प्रिपरेशन गाइड) helps you a lot. I know here I missed many things you can suggest to me and also share your IBPS PO Exam experiences here in the comment section.
For any query regarding how to do preparation for IBPS PO exam use our comment box below. You can also subscribe to our newsletter from the sidebar for latest updates of bank exams. Check other related articles of IBPS exam.