The Full Form of IBPS is Institute of Banking Personnel and Selection.
What is the Full Form of IBPS?
What do you mean by IBPS? All those seeking aspirants preparing their level best must have fair knowledge regarding what is IBPS, IBPS क्या है?
IBPS stands for Institute of banking personnel and selection. It is an independent organization which conducts the online examination to recruit the officers, clerks, and trainees in the public sector banks in India.
- IBPS RRB Full Form is IBPS Regional Rural Bank
- IBPS PO Full Form is IBPS Probationary Officer
- IBPS Clerk Full Form is IBPS Clerical
- IBPS SO Full Form is IBPS Specialist Officer
IBPS is an independent body which conducts the online exam to recruit the officers, clerks, and trainees in the public sector banks in India.
Every year, around 20 lakh candidates apply for IBPS various examinations for its very limited seats. IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, IBPS SO, and IBPS RRB are different standards of designations which are offered to many opportunity seekers in the hope of getting a government job placement.
IBPS is located in Mumbai, India; the institute conducts various exams for a different position in the public sector in India. In public sector banks which are; IBPS clerk exams for a clerical position, IBPS PO exam for a probationary officer, IBPS SO exam for a specialist officer, IBPS RRB exam for RRB officer & office assistant in regional rural banks.
In the year 2011, the department of Institute of banking and personnel and selection has started written examination for the first time to recruits officers and the clerk in the public sector banks.
The departments of IBPS accept the IBPS online application through the official website for the registration of the examination.
The IBPS exam is held at various locations throughout India.
The eligibility criteria for the IBPS CWE PO exam is a graduation degree from any certified college in any of the streams such as BA, B.Com, B.Sc., etc. from a recognized university.
The percentage of marks obtained in graduation should be mentioned at the time of registration for the IBPS PO exams.
Services of IBPS
IBPS or Institute of Banking Personnel and Selection provides its services to all kinds of banks. Check IBPS Participating banks list here.
- PUBLIC SECTOR BANKS
- PRIVATE SECTOR BANKS
- REGIONAL RURAL BANKS
- FOREIGN BANKS
It also extends its services to the co-operative banks, insurance companies, academic institution, and both private and state-owned companies.
IBPS is an umbrella under which 20 public sector banks and regional rural banks are registered. It started its operation in 1975 and became an independent entity in 1994. The intention behind stating such a move is to enhance human resources development through personal assessment. Like, every organization has its regulatory body;
What is the origin of IBPS?
All the bank that existed way back in the 1990s, were nationalized in the year 1969 and soon after they are required to expand their network and thus the number of the branches which required more staff which could be filled through fresh recruitment drives and doing that on a large network scale needed a proper framework and bodywork and an effective selection process.
Thus, the national institute of bank management the only topmost organization that existed then, which was converted into the IBPS in 1984.
Recruitment process of IBPS
Since 5 years, IBPS carries out examination for PO, clerk, assistant officer, specialist officer positions regularly, following a very disciplined custom for appearing in the exam. The eligibility criteria, subjects for preparation, selection criteria; nothing has changed since years except the paper pattern of examination which keeps on changing sometimes.
IBPS notifies about its each upcoming exams for vacancies via pushing notifications on its original website and calls aspirants for applications. Each year against 70000( around) vacant positions, approximately 20 lakh applications are received.
The call letters of applicants are uploaded on the website just a few days before the examination date from where the students can easily download by providing their credentials.
The cut-offs, sectional wise and as a whole are updated automatically on the site, students just have to keep themselves updated by regularly serving the website for knowing the exam results.
The recruitment process of IBPS for any position exam is enclosed into 3 phases-
- The prelims exam is conducted for an hour for only 3 subjects- English, reasoning and quantitative aptitude. The obtained number of marks is done against 100 marks. on every wrong answer, there is a criterion to deduct ¼ marks on them which is known as a rule of negative marking. The candidates who pass the pre-examination are shortlisted for the next exam i.e. main exam.
- The main-examination is the success key holder for every appearing aspirant. It is projected on 5 subjects of 200 marks in total, out of which candidate has to score not only the standard cut-off as a whole but sectional cut-offs as well. That way, it is very must to take care of available limited time i.e. 2 hours total. It also follows a negative marking phenomenon.
- The final stair towards success is named as INTERVIEW section. The student who will clear pre- and mains is called for an interview and then he is provided his deserving position inside the appropriate bank niche.