How to Prepare Reasoning Section for SBI PO Exam?
There is a cut-throat competition among the aspirants of SBI PO and grabbing a seat for yourself can be a daunting task if you do not have a proper strategy. Taking about the section of Reasoning, it demands clear thinking and a logical mindset.
Given below are some of the important topics of Reasoning. Knowing how to solve these questions can help you in getting a good score in Reasoning section of SBI PO exam.
Important Topics of Reasoning to Prepare for SBI PO
- Inequalities: Direct inequality questions can be solved easily if one knows the basic mathematical rules. In the coded inequality questions, operators are coded with symbols. So, you will first have to decode those operators and then solve these questions.
- Coding and decoding: These type of questions contains a series of letters or numbers written in a coded pattern. Decoding requires you to decipher the pattern code and bringing it back in its original form. With sufficient practice, you will soon be able to arrive at the pattern in a short duration of time and solve these questions quickly.
- Puzzles: A significant portion of the Reasoning section are filled with puzzles and if this is one of your strong areas, you are good to go. But, for some, the length of the puzzle questions can be terrifying but once you understand the question and represent it on paper, the work is almost done.
Try solving 3-4 puzzles on a daily basis to get a good hold on puzzles. Puzzles are usually based on direct line-up type or on scheduling type.
- Seating arrangement: Seating arrangement are asked as puzzles. These usually comprise of circular or linear arrangements. There are high chances of making mistakes in these types of questions and thus losing marks, so be very careful while handling these questions.
- Input and output: This is considered one of the most difficult sections of Reasoning. Do not miss any detail while processing the input as making an error will lead to a faulty output.
- Syllogism: The topic of Syllogism is asked in a set of 5 questions. The use of Venn diagrams is the easiest way to solve these questions. Statements and premises need to be read carefully to know what the assumptions are.
You need to know what is actually true and what contains the potential to be true. The conclusions sometimes can be tricky so ample practice of questions based on a negative conclusion, possibility cases, and sometimes a combination of both these patterns becomes a must.
- Blood relations: Drawing the family tree and knowing the relations can help to solve these questions.
- Order and ranking: At least 3-5 questions are based on this topic. Draw diagrams to avoid confusion and arrive at the correct solution faster. These questions are usually easy so do not skip these questions.
- Direction and distance: 1 or 2 questions are usually asked from this section. Imagining the direction map can be easy while solving these questions.
With these expert tips, we hope you can successfully cope with the Reasoning section and ace the paper with ease!
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
/ 5. Reviews