Bank Holiday in Sikkim | Upcoming Sikkim Bank Holidays 2019
The post contains a list of bank holidays in Sikkim 2019. The state has declared 24 bank holidays which does not include Sunday and second Saturday.
Holidays declared under the negotiable instrument act by the Sikkim state government are observed by all banks of Sikkim.
The state of Sikkim is the mountainous region in the Himalayas.
The capital of the state is Gangtok.
With the help of this post, I will share your bank holidays in Sikkim 2019 and how to do monetary transaction during a bank holiday.
Stay tuned with us till the end to learn a list of Sikkim bank holidays also, you will get to learn how to do a monetary transaction when the bank is closed.
There are numerous bank holiday in Sikkim which includes popular national holidays as well the holidays that are typical to the Sikkim
Bank holiday is indeed a great opportunity to escape from the lethargic and tiring working like and relax with family and friends.
The holiday is such a great opportunity to spend time with family and friends. There is a plethora of things which you can plan on a holiday.
But, the most worrying question is what do you when you have cash urgency on a bank holiday
So read us till the end to learn how to deposit cash or withdraw cash on a bank holiday in Sikkim
Also, know what the best way to plan holidays in Sikkim is
So, without any ado let’s get started
List of Public Holidays in Sikkim in 2019
|Date & Month||Day||Holiday|
|January 1||Tuesday||New Year’s Day|
|January 12||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|January 14||Monday||Makara Sankranti|
|January 26||Saturday||Republic Day|
|February 5||Tuesday||Sonam Losar|
|February 9||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|February 23||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|March 9||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|March 23||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|April 13||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|April 14||Sunday||Dr Ambedkar Jayanti|
|April 19||Friday||Good Friday|
|April 27||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|May 11||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|May 16||Thursday||State Day|
|May 25||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|June 5||Wednesday||Idul Fitr|
|June 8||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|June 22||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|July 13||Saturday||Bhanu Jayanti|
|July 27||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|August 8||Thursday||Tendong Lho Rum Faat|
|August 10||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|August 15||Thursday||Independence Day|
|September 12||Thursday||Indra Jatra|
|September 14||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|September 28||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|October 2||Wednesday||Gandhi Jayanti|
|October 5||Saturday||Maha Saptami|
|October 6||Sunday||Maha Ashtami|
|October 7||Monday||Maha Navami|
|October 8||Tuesday||Vijaya Dashami|
|October 12||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|October 19||Saturday||Lhabab Duchen|
|October 26||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|October 29||Tuesday||Bhai Dooj|
|November 9||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|November 23||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|December 14||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|December 25||Wednesday||Christmas Day|
|December 28||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|December 30||Monday||Tamu Losar|
The state Sikkim has the lowest population among all states in India.
Sal and bamboo trees are very popular in the region.
A majority of the state population is Hindu, though there is a significant amount of Buddhist and Christ
The interesting fact about the state is that is ruled by the Buddhist priest known as the chogyal.
The state accounts for the largest production of cardamoms
How is an ATM useful on the bank holidays in Sikkim?
The prime question that strikes us that how to do monetary transaction during a bank holiday in Sikkim.
We have a lot of option such as mobile banking, internet banking, and much more.
Out of all these, the best-suited method is using an automated teller machine
Let us have a look at the following usage of an ATM
- ATM facilitates withdrawal of money on a bank holiday
- With access to ATM, one can do the donation to the charities
- You can avail the mini statement using an ATM such as Tirupati, Palani, Ramakrishna Mission, Kashi Vishwanath, etc. This facility is provided by SBI, ICICI, HDFC, and few top banks.
- One of the recent facilities brought by an ATM is the mobile recharge. Yes, you now recharge your mobile phone using an ATM now. Isn’t that great? The facility is not extended by all the banks. Only a few top banks such as SBI, ICICI, and HDFC have this facility.
How to deposit cash during a bank holiday?
There are many ways by which you can deposit cash or withdraw the money. What to do if you have the cash to be deposited on the bank holiday.
Using cash deposit machine one can deposit cash into their account anytime.
CDM‘s are self-service terminals we can do the payment transaction also using CDM’s
Once the transaction is successfully done cash gets immediately transferred into your bank account.
In CDM there are option cardless credits. by availing this service you can deposit cash without using a card or ATM.
On the cash deposit machine, there is an option called known as a cardless transaction.
You have to click on it, and entering a few details such as account number, phone number, one can deposit the cash.
There are certain limits and charges prescribed for CDM transaction.
How is UPI App useful on Bank Holiday in India?
UPI stands for unified payment services and is used for sending and receiving money.
The commendable part about charges for these services affordable
All the top-notch banks have a particular app for this
- For Axis Bank, the UPI-based app is axis pay
- For ICICI Bank the UPI-based app is EazyPay
- For Kotak Mahindra Bank it is Kay pay
- For HSBC the app for UPI transactions is HSBC
- Simply pay For State Bank of India,
- it is SBI Pay For Yes Bank the UPI-based app YES PAY
- For Canara Bank, the UPI-based app is Canara Bank UPI- eMpower and for Vijaya Bank UPI-Based app is Vijaya UPI
You can use this app by downloading from your respective mobile stores and do transactions during a bank holiday in India.
Upcoming Bank Holidays in Sikkim
Month Wise Bank Holidays in Sikkim
|Bank Holidays in January 2019 in Sikkim|
|Bank Holidays in February 2019 in Sikkim|
|Bank Holidays in March 2019 in Sikkim|
|Bank Holidays in April 2019 in New Delhi|
|Bank Holidays in May 2019 in Sikkim|
|Bank Holidays in June 2019 in Sikkim|
|Bank Holidays in July 2019 in Sikkim|
|Bank Holidays in August 2019 in Sikkim|
|Bank Holidays in September 2019 in Sikkim|
|Bank Holidays in October 2019 in Sikkim|
|Bank Holidays in November 2019 in Sikkim|
|Bank Holidays in December 2019 in Sikkim|
What is the significance of a bank holiday in Sikkim?
Public holidays and banks holidays are of utmost significance. Let’s have a look at the following reasons
- The prime significance of a bank holiday is one can accomplish the pending task
- A day where you can take your family and friends out for leisure and a great time
- If it is a festive season, one can spend a bank holiday spending time on cleaning the house or you may catch up reading a book doing things that give you immense pleasure
How to spend a bank holiday in Sikkim?
In the lap of Himalaya state there lays a beautiful state Sikkim. The land is known for its majestic beauty and tranquility
Do you know, Sikkim tours are synonyms to paradise. So below I have listed a few cherry-picked top favorite places you can count on.
- You can plan a visit to Tsomgo Lake is which is located in the vicinity of the Gangtok and is a popular one of the highest lake in India.
- Most importantly, you can visit the border gates of India and China. It is a beautiful route and must visit a place.
- You can plan an adventurous trip and go for river rafting in the Teesta river. The glance of the river is sufficient to believe the divine beauty of the state Sikkim.
- If you are a crazy fan of great Himalayas then pelling is indeed a beautiful place that assures the best view of Mt. Kanchenjunga.
What are the best places or destination to visit in Sikkim?
Dear readers, I would recommend the following best places in Sikkim which is indeed a treat visiting
So, let us learn what are those places?
The key attribute of the place
- Migratory ducks like the Brahmini
- The beautiful flowers such as Primulas, Blue and Yellow Poppies, and Irish
- Yaks and ponies ride
The key attribute of the place
- The historic Norbugang Park
- Tashi tenka, which was a historic royal palace promises wonderful views
- The oldest monastery the Dubdi Gompa
- Kathok Wodsalin Gompa – a newly constructed monastery, also famous for the statue of Guru Padmasambhava
- Goechala Trek
- Khangchendzonga National Park
The key attribute of the place
- Tathagata Tsal, a Buddhist park
- Mane Choekhorling Gompa
- Pang Lhabsol, which displays religious prayers and songs
- Hikes and treks
A Few popular names which are pleasant and relaxing places to be at are as follow
- Khangchendzonga range
- Sherdup Choeling Monastery
- The beautiful tea gardens
- Rock Garden
- Namchi Mahotsav in October
Sikkim is indeed one of the most picturesque destinations in India.
The mountains and the spectacular beautiful place is a must visit place for anyone
Sikkim is like a dreamland and people had a wonderful experience of a visit here.
If you are planning a trip to visit it will be like a treat to eyes.
I hope you enjoyed reading about Sikkim bank holidays in 2019.
If you love reading about bank holidays in Sikkim then please do the honor of sharing it with others via facebook, twitter, and other mediums.
Your gesture of liking and sharing will highly appreciative.
Thanks for reading.
Your one upvote can motivate me.
Do not forget to like and subscribe to us.
If you have any queries or doubts regarding the post please reach us through the comment section given below.
Have a great day!