Bank Holidays in Mizoram 2019 | Upcoming Mizoram Bank Holidays 2019
Mizoram like any other state is a part of Assam. The population of the state is referred to as Mizos. The majority of its population is Christians like Meghalaya.
Do you know it is the 5th smallest state? The capital of the state is Aizawl.
Champhai, Lunglei, Serchhip are some of the popular cities in Mizoram. There are numerous bank holidays in Mizoram. These include the popular national holidays, as well as the holidays that are so typical to Mizoram.
Our today’s post is centered on bank holidays in Mizoram.
If you are seeking info about Mizoram bank holidays in the year 2019 then you are landed at the appropriate place.
Stay tuned to learn what are the bank holidays also learn how to transact during a bank holiday with the help of this post.
So without much ado let’s go start!
List of Bank Holidays in Mizoram
Here’s the list of Mizoram Bank holidays in 2019 which includes national, regional and bank holidays which residents of Mizoram can avail during the calendar year.
|Date & Month||Day||Holiday|
|January 1||Tuesday||New Year’s Day|
|January 2||Wednesday||New Year Holiday|
|January 11||Friday||Missionary Day|
|January 12||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|January 26||Saturday||Republic Day|
|February 9||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|February 20||Wednesday||State Day|
|February 23||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|March 9||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|March 23||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|April 13||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|April 19||Friday||Good Friday|
|April 27||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|May 11||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|May 18||Saturday||Buddha Purnima|
|May 25||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|June 5||Wednesday||Idul Fitr|
|June 8||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|June 15||Saturday||YMA Day|
|June 22||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|June 30||Sunday||Remna Ni|
|July 6||Saturday||MHIP Day|
|July 13||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|July 27||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|August 10||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|August 12||Monday||Bakrid / Eid al Adha|
|August 15||Thursday||Independence Day|
|August 24||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|September 14||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|September 28||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|October 2||Wednesday||Gandhi Jayanti|
|October 8||Tuesday||Vijaya Dashami|
|October 12||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|October 26||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|November 9||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|November 23||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|December 14||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|December 25||Wednesday||Christmas Day|
|December 28||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
What are the transactions you can do on a bank holiday?
You can do most of the transaction during a bank holiday in Mizoram
A few of them are stated below
- Cash withdrawal through ATM
- Payments from Debit card and Credit card at POS.
- Online payments from Debit card and Credit card.
- Online payments from your bank account towards to party for buy transactions.
- You can do the Blocking of Credit card / Debit card.
- Cash deposit at the banks with electronic branches.
- transfer of funds another account with the same bank.
- Non-banking transactions like service requests.
- Some banks also have Sunday banking branches.
- Auto debit of ECS.
- Cheque stops payment request through a call center.
- Opening of Fixed deposit/insurance plans.
How mobile wallets are useful during a bank holiday in Mizoram?
A mobile wallet enables a user to receive and make the payment
They are gaining popularity day by day and if you upon the metro cities from panipuri vendors to shopping malls all are accepting money through mobile wallet.
A mobile wallet is a virtual wallet that retains payment card information on mobile devices.
These days the mobile wallet is in great trend as one can receive and make payments using a mobile wallet.
Yes in today’s modern era business customer relation is swiftly transforming digitally.
There are ample of services presented by the mobile wallet which consist of the prepaid mobile recharge, postpaid bill payments, electricity bills, DTH Recharge, Fees, metro card recharge, Broadband bill payment, Landline bills and many more. There are many services on mobile wallets which you can avail and use during a bank holiday in India.
Some of the other great services it has you can pay the municipal bills such as the property tax, water bill, electricity bill.
Note: We cannot pay this bill if there is a gazetted holiday.
Below I have listed a few top mobile wallets that are known for their quality service
Paytm– Paytm means pay through mobile.
Using a paytm mobile wallet one can do mobile recharges, DTH recharges, data card recharges, bus ticket booking, movie tickets
Paytm is indeed is widely accessed, and one of the most trusted mobile wallets and even state bank of India recommends it.
Also, it is one of the preferred partners of Google.
The wallet came into existence in the year 2009 that provides mobile-based payment system and digital wallet.
There are numerous facilities provided by this wallet including recharges, payments, etc.
A few other popular mobile wallets consist of the following
- Amazon Pay.
- Google Pay (formerly known as Tez)
- PhonePe (now part of Flipkart)
- Yono by SBI.
- Citi MasterPass.
- ICICI Pockets.
How is UPI App useful on Bank Holiday in Mizoram?
UPI stands for unified payment services and is used for sending and receiving money.
The great part about charges for these services affordable
All the top-notch banks have a particular app for this
- For Axis Bank, the UPI-based app is axis pay
- For ICICI Bank the UPI-based app is EazyPay
- For Kotak Mahindra Bank it is Kay pay
- For HSBC the app for UPI transactions is HSBC
- Simply pay For State Bank of India,
- it is SBI Pay For Yes Bank the UPI-based app YES PAY
- For Canara Bank, the UPI-based app is Canara Bank UPI- eMpower and for Vijaya Bank UPI-Based app is Vijaya UPI
You can use this app by downloading from your respective mobile stores and do transactions during a bank holiday in India.
Which transaction is restricted during a bank holiday in Mizoram?
- Direct payment to other bank account holder by NEFT or RTGS.
- Cheque collection request. However, you can deposit cheque at bank ATMs but it would be considered as received on the next day.
- Cash deposit at branches.
- Account opening/closing.
- Collection of debit cards/cheque book at a branch.
- Certain type of remittance abroad.
- Issuance of LC / BG / Bill Discounting / Forward contracts.
- Cash collection services.
How is an ATM useful on the bank holiday in Mizoram?
ATM sorts every issue regarding the money crunch or crisis during a bank holiday in Mizoram. ATM stands for automated teller machine. Nowadays, we got access to various option such as mobile banking, internet banking and much more.
Of all these one of the convenient method is using an ATM.
Below I have listed useful services that can be availed from an ATM during a bank holiday
- Withdrawal of the money.
- Recharge your mobile phone
- Deposit cash
- Some banks offer the convenience of paying income tax using ATMs
How to deposit cash during a bank holiday?
There are varied ways using which you can do the withdrawal and payment into their account anytime.
Here is the method using which you can deposit and withdraw cash during the bank holiday in Mizoram.
Cash deposit machine-
With Cash deposit machine you can deposit cash into account anytime.
It is a self-service terminal, once the cash is deposited cash immediately gets transferred into your account
The other way is, On the CDM machine screen you can see there will be an option called cardless transaction. Just by clicking on it and entering a few details such as account number and phone number one can deposit the cash. It is to There are certain limits and charges for CDM transaction. Better check those charges before doing a transaction.
Upcoming Bank Holiday in Mizoram
Month Wise Bank Holidays in Delhi
|Bank Holidays in January 2019 in Mizoram|
|Bank Holidays in February 2019 in Mizoram|
|Bank Holidays in March 2019 in Mizoram|
|Bank Holidays in April 2019 in Mizoram|
|Bank Holidays in May 2019 in Mizoram|
|Bank Holidays in June 2019 in Mizoram|
|Bank Holidays in July 2019 in Mizoram|
|Bank Holidays in August 2019 in Mizoram|
|Bank Holidays in September 2019 in Mizoram|
|Bank Holidays in October 2019 in Mizoram|
|Bank Holidays in November 2019 in Mizoram|
|Bank Holidays in December 2019 in Mizoram|
The state is located in northeastern India. Its name is derived from MIZO, the name of the inhabitants, and “Ram, which means land, and thus Mizoram means “ Land of the mizos
Agriculture is the major economic activity of Mizoram.
Music and dance are significant elements of Mizo cultural life.
This popular Mizo dish is made of steamed vegetables along with pork, spinach and bamboo shoot, and spiced with local herbs.
How bank holidays and state holidays are determined?
As you know, the Indian culture is manifold that is impossible to give a holiday for one particular state
If one state is having a holiday that does not mean all the states that would be having a holiday.
In fact, there may be some states where a particular leader was popular and hence a holiday. Similarly, for another holiday it may be a holiday for a particular religious holiday, which has promoted the state government to declare a holiday in that state. In any case, when you get a public or a bank holiday, it is a good idea to enjoy it to the hilt.
What is the significance of bank holiday in India?
There are a lot of things that you can plan on a bank holiday.
Do not take these bank holidays for granted as there are plenty of things to spend your holiday perfectly
- You can use this bank holiday to accomplish your pending tasks.
- If you are bookworm then you can visit a library and spend hours reading.
- If you are adventure junkie it is the best opportunity to plan an outing with family and friends. Such as movies, exhibition, exotic dinner, etc.
- It is the best time to devote to the things which you love to do such as reading, exercising, gardening, and dance, etc.
- One of the most exciting things you can plan on a bank holiday is shopping. Yes, one can for yourself and your family.
How to spend a bank holiday in Mizoram in 2019?
- One of the greatest attractions of the place is a trek in the blue mountain national park. If you are an adventurous person then this place is for you
- The uppermost point of the captivating and enthralling Vantawng Falls Mizoram state lies at a height of nearly 750 feet. It attracts people in large numbers. The subtle supremacy of cliff with the tumbling waterfall tempts the travelers who visit this quite an often.
You can Visit Luangmual Handicrafts Centre. The place is situated nearly 7 km from the chief Aizawl city and is a very popular center focusing on handicraft items that are found in this area.
It is here that the celebrated ceremonial hat, named Khumbeu is prepared using rainproof wild leaves of Harthill that are found just in the hilly territory. The time taken to reach this place takes just half an hour by car or taxi.
I hope you had a fantastic time reading about “Mizoram Bank Holidays 2019″
If you have enjoyed our post about the list of a bank holiday in Mizoram in 2019 then do share it via Facebook and Twitter.
If you have queries regarding Bank holiday in Mizoram in 2019 then please connect with us via comment box
We at IBPS recruitment aims at upgrading your knowledge and skills.
Our teams consist of professional, experts and writers who can assist you in your issues.
Thanks for reading and have a nice day!
Stay tuned for another update.
Last but not least do not forget to like and subscribe to us. Your gesture of appreciation means a lot to us.