SBI PO JOB Profile Description, Responsibilities, Work details
SBI PO Introduction: A very basic question arising in every mind that who is SBI PO? Well, here you will get every important detail about SBI PO Job Profile. Firstly you should understand that SBI PO stands for State Bank of India (SBI) Probationary Officer. Now Check “What is the Job Profile of SBI PO?”
SBI, the biggest bank in the nation is also the biggest recruiters when it comes to the banking sector. It recruits probationary officers and other special officers as compared to other banks in India. Every bank job seeker would have a target set of getting a job in SBI.
SBI PO Job Profile + Work Details
In SBI, CRPD (Central Recruitment and Promotion Department) is responsible for the complete recruitment process for SBI Exam 2017 and for Associate Group of SBI. The recruitment is done at all India level i.e. a final recruited candidate may be posted to any location in India.
SBI announces the hiring of PO annually all over the country. This year, recently department issued notification of SBI PO 2017 for 2043 posts.
SBI PO Probation Period –
Don’t you have a question about why the officers hired are termed as Probationary Officers? It will be cleared shortly.
When a candidate is newly recruited as an officer after clearing SBI Exam, she/he will be under a probation period for at least 2 years. During this training phase, you learn about the various aspects of banking procedures and perform the given tasks.
PO is the entry-level position where you are trained about the basic banking tasks and then you will be appointed as Assistant Manager. Basically, it is the beginner phase to get the higher designation.
In the training phase, what is SBI PO work? – You will be gone through a practical knowledge about various banking aspects, Customer Services like passbook printing, account opening and much more, supervision of clerical work, processing loan etc. SBI PO Mains Preparation Tips.
After the probation period, PO needs to undergo screening where you will be accepted as the Officer Middle Management Grade Scale-II.
|SBI PO Salary and Career Growth||Upcoming IBPS Exam 2017|
SBI PO Work Profile, Duties & Responsibilities
The important works, duties, roles and responsibilities of an SBI Bank PO are as follows:-
- Providing service to customers- SBI bank PO Duties – the first and foremost thing for an officer should do/learn is providing service to customers. May it be about opening new accounts, ATM cards, deposits, receipts, loans, cheque books etc.
- Bringing new business- It is liable for any SBI PO officer for promoting the new products of the bank like fixed deposits, insurance policies, mutual funds, credit cards etc.
- Handling cash-in case of heavy crowd or vacancy of cashier post, PO needs to perform clerical activities. Hence you will be trained about transaction software too. If the branch has ATM attached to it then PO needs to keep the activity of ATM.
- Payment clearances- In the case of any discrepancies related to customer’s account a person of office cadre needs to take the responsibility of clearing the payments. Basically, in the case of payment by cheque, DD, NEFT/ RTGS beyond a certain amount PO is given the authority to clear it.
- Maintaining Records- PO is assigned to generate the reports including deposits, ledgers, withdrawals etc. to avoid any mismatch at the end of the day.
- Maintaining an official communication is also a part of SBI PO job work – PO is required to keep a well-maintained official interaction between the customers and other departments. you are required to reply to all the e-mails regarding any queries of customers or providing any information to officers of other departments. PO needs to keep a track on the latest developments of the product scheme and the needs of customers.
Many other works are also be included in this list of Job profile of PO in SBI Bank.
Well, here you can say that no specify SBI PO work in the bank but you should have all basic ideas about the banking procedures as your next designation would be as a Manager (Assistant or Branch).
Latest SBI PO Salary 2017 –
Well, if an “SBI PO Job Profile” has such duties then guess what should be the salary for the job? The normal salary for SBI PO is much greater than an IT employee.
- According to the recent notification from SBI, the basic pay for a PO is Rs.27,620 (with 4 cash advance growth) for a Junior Management Grade Scale – I.
- It can be considered that the total compensation would be minimum of Rs.7.55 lakhs and maximum of Rs.12.93 lakhs annually.
- As a government job, PO is given some facilities like medical facilities, tea & coffee, transportation, cleaning etc.
|Difference Bank PO Vs Bank Clerk||SBI PO Vs IBPS PO Job Profile|
The other allowances provided to an SBI PO are as follows:
- Dearness Allowance- It is the allowance given for the adjustment of cost of living to the government employees etc. DA for PO is currently 46.9% of the basic pay.
- City Compensation Allowance- It is the allowance given for adjusting in a particular city. It depends on the posted city.
- Housing Allowance- It is the basically the rent given to PO if SBI can’t provide a house. It is the leased house rent allowance. It depends on the posted place.
- Medical Insurance- It is the amount and insurance provided to the employee. SBI gives 100% health facilities and coverage to its employee and 75% of its family members.
- Traveling Allowances- Even the PO is provided with the allowance for his travels. The fare of an AC 2-tier is provided for his travel and tours for official works.
Hence, being an SBI PO is truly an advantageous and well-paid career.
What will be the Future of SBI PO?
SBI PO Career and Promotion –
As the nation’s largest and biggest recruiting bank, SBI offers the promotion facilities to its entire employee list in a very faster rate than other companies. As a PO, he has a very high chance of getting the promotion to any grade. Not even that SBI offers the posting of PO in foreign countries. The deserving employees are sent abroad to explore banking globally.
SBI PO job profile and promotion – SBI has a very systematic procedure of promoting their employees. Every year SBI conducts promotion exams where the employee with updated knowledge of bank’s procedure and system are promoted.
Normally an employee gets a promotion every 3-4 year of his hard work. A deserving PO can get a very high post even a chairman’s post if he is dedicated towards his work. Hence, SBI has a transparent promotion procedure.
|IBPS PO Work Profile Details||IBPS Clerk Job Description|
|IBPS PO Salary and Allowances||IBPS Clerk Salary and Allowances|
How good is SBI PO Job? Let’s see the promotion designation of a PO through various steps:
- Level 1- Probationary Officer: The basic training phase of PO where he learns all the basic responsibilities he has to take.
- Level 2- Assistant Manager: The work of an Assistant Manager is same as that of a PO. It’s just that this post is confirmed and not on a probation period.
- Level 3- Branch Manager: The branch manager leads the whole bank branch.
- Level 4- Chief Manager: The chief manager takes the responsibility of the main branch in a city i.e. a bigger branch.
- Level 5- AGM: The Assistant General Manager takes care of a group of the branch in a region.
- Level 6- DGM: The Deputy General Manager takes care of branches in a bigger zone or no. of the region.
- Level 7- CGM: The Chief General Manager heads a circle like a complete branch of a state.
- Level 8- GM: The General Manager has a higher responsibility of taking care of all the branches globally. He takes multiple duties and roles.
Meanwhile, SBI Associate PO job profile little bit differ from given above. Hope now you better understand the answer to the question is How satisfactory is the SBI PO Job?
|SBI Probationary Officer Exam 2017
|SBI PO Prelims Exam Dates||SBI PO Question papers|
|SBI PO Exam Pattern||SBI PO Preparation Books|
|SBI PO Cut Off Marks list 2017||SBI Clerk Salary 2017|
|SBI PO Admit Card||www.sbi.co.in|
How to become an SBI PO Officer?
It is the top most question of freshers. After understanding SBI PO job profile and salary if you are interested in SBI PO Job you required facing SBI PO Exam 2017.
SBI PO Exam Introduction:
How to get SBI PO Job? The recruitment process of getting hired as Probationary Officer in SBI is divided into 3 stages:
- SBI PO Preliminary Exam – An online objective test consisting of 100 questions to be attempted in 1 hour.
- SBI PO Main Exam -an online objective test comprising of 155 questions to be attempted in 3 hours which is followed by the descriptive online test of 30 minutes with 50 marks.
- SBI PO Interview – candidates qualifying the Main exam are called for Group Exercises and Interview.
The Exam pattern of SBI PO categorized by the department has been given below:
SBI PO Exam Pattern
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||1 Hour|
|Scoring System||1/4th negative|
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern
Exam Duration 180 mins
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Minutes|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||45 Minutes|
|General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 Minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 Minutes|
SBI PO Interview Pattern
|GD & Interview||GD(20) & Interview(30)|
|Interview(qualifying marks)||Not Pre-decided|
|Final Score Ratio||75:25|
|How to Prepare for Bank Exam?||How to Prepare English in Bank Exams?|
|How to Improve English Grammar for Bank Exams?||Bank Reasoning Preparation Tips|
Who can apply for SBI PO Officer Job?
The eligibility criteria for applying:
- Essential Academic Qualifications- Graduated in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year students can apply too but when called for an interview should show the proof of passing the examination on or before 01.07.2017.
- Age limit- 21 to 30 years
- Nationality- Indian
Application Fee and Intimation Charge:
It is a non-refundable amount.
|1.||SC/ST/PWD||Rs.100/- (Intimation Demand only)|
|2.||General and other categories||Rs. 600/- (Application Fee including intimation demand)|
Hence, it can be summed up that choosing a career to be a PO is very beneficial in all aspects but with larger responsibility list. It has a good salary and allowances provision, a greater promotion aspect and a chance of foreign posting.
|How to Prepare for Bank PO Exam?||Time Management Tips for SBI Exam|
|IBPS RRB Office Assistant Work Profile||IBPS RRB Officer Duties in Bank|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Qns. – SBI PO job good or bad?
Ans. SBI PO job is a golden chance for you if you want to do a government job. And you will get many advantages of it like handsome salary packages, Incredible Career Opportunities, Job security etc.
Qns. – Is SBI PO good for females?
Ans. Yes Definitely. Became a PO gives you to live life with dignity, Social Status, Job security, Good salary, Regulated working hours etc.
Qns. – Why are Engineers looking at SBI PO or banking job OR PO instead of doing IT jobs?
Ans. In many ways, you will find banking job better than IT job. Check the list
- First of all Pay Scale which is better in banking jobs.
- IT officer faces many challenges every day.
- In IT Company, you required management degree from top colleges. but in banking, you can go up to the level of Deputy General Manager without having Post graduation degree.
- Banking Officer will get loans and credit facility easily with low-interest rates.
- Banking job provides your lifetime security.
- Work pressure in banks most probably in closing months.
- There is always the charm of a government job. Leaves, allowances and other benefits of government jobs cannot be compared with a private sector job.
Qns. – Should I go for SBI PO or private sector jobs?
Ans. By what means can there be a sweeping response to a question like this without any information. Initially relies on upon your qualifications, the kind of employment you are probably going to arrive in the private segment, payments, profession prospects etc. are you willing for continuous exchanges.
Why do you think you have a decision? It isn’t as though a Bank PO occupation is anything but difficult to get particularly SBI PO. It appears to be more than 24 lac applicants fight it out for a couple of thousand vacancies.
Hope now you better understand What is SBI PO Job Profile and what PO roles in the bank? If you have something to discuss or for any suggestion you can use our comment section given below. Check more SBI and IBPS Exam related articles here.
|Latest SBI Exam Updates 2017
|SBI Exam Syllabus 2017||IBPS PO Recruitment 2017|
|SBI Exam Pattern 2017||IBPS Clerk Notification 2017|
|SBI Question Papers||IBPS SO Notification 2017|
|SBI Study Material||IBPS PO Question Papers|