IBPS Eligibility, Guideline, and Relaxation for Person With Disability (PWD) / Physically Handicapped (PH) Candidates.
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) Scheduled exams for various posts this year for IBPS PO 2017, IBPS Clerk 2017, IBPS Specialist Officer 2017, and IBPS RRB 2017 etc. Every year more than 10 lac students participate in these tests. Before applying for IBPS Online Application form, all of you need to check your eligibility first that you are eligible or not.
Here department divides all students into some categories like General, OBC, SC/ST, (Persons With Disabilities) PWD, Ex- servicemen, etc. Each category aspirants have their different eligibility terms, reservation norms, and relaxation. Here
Each category aspirants have their different eligibility terms, reservation norms, and relaxation. Here IBPS Recruitment Guide provides you complete information on IBPS Eligibility for PH/PWD candidates.
Who is a Person With Disability (PWD)? (विकलांग व्यक्ति)
Definition of Disability (विकलांगता): Federal laws define a person with a disability as “Anyone who has a physical or mental impairment (शारीरिक या मानसिक हानि) that substantially limits one or more major life activities; has a record of such impairment, or is regarded as having such an impairment.”
Major life activities include walking, talking, hearing, seeing, breathing, learning, performing manual tasks, and caring for oneself. IBPS PO Practice / Mock Test Series Pdf.
Definition of Persons With Disabilities (PWD) According to IBPS
- Visually Impaired (VI) = नेत्रहीन
- Deaf & Hearing Impaired (HI) = बहरापन
- Orthopaedically Challenged (OC) = अस्थि विकलांग
- Physically Handicapped (PH) = शारीरिक रूप से विकलांग.
What is Eligibility Criteria for PWD Candidates for IBPS Exam?
In a case of persons with a disability what kind of disability is acceptable for IBPS? First of all, you should check your IBPS Exam eligibility for PWD candidates. In which Person With Disability Act 1995, clearly mention that every participant will take benefits of the person with the disability only if he/she suffer from more than 40% of the relevant disability.
And is certified by the Medical Board constituted by the Central /State Government. You will need to show your original certificates at the time of interview.
Candidate with following disability is eligible to apply for the IBPS Bank Exam. Do You belong to PWD Category?
|Probationary Officer Job Profile in Bank||Clerk Job Profile + Responsibilities in Bank|
|Difference Between Clerk Vs PO Exam||IBPS Negative Marking Guidelines|
Visually Impaired (VI) = Blindness (अंधापन)
- The total absence of sight,
- Visual acuity is not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses.
- Limitation of the field of vision subtending in angle of 20 degrees or worse. These are visual disability criteria.
Guidelines for Visually Impaired candidates
- Visually Impaired candidates (who suffer from not less than 40% of disability) may opt to view the contents of the test in the magnified font, and all such candidates will be eligible for the compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour Or otherwise advised of examination.
- The facility of viewing the substance of the test in the magnifying font will not be available to Visually Impaired candidates who use the services of a Scribe for the examination.
Deaf and Hearing Impaired (HI)
A person with total loss of hearing in both the ears. A person cannot hear or understand sounds even after amplified speech. Hearing impairment means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
Orthopaedically Challenged (OC)
A person with the locomotor disability or cerebral palsy with locomotor impairment of minimum of 40% can apply.
- BL – Both legs affected but not arms,
- OA – One arm affected (Right or Left) with impaired reach or weakness of grip or ataxia,
- OL – One leg affected (Right or Left)
- MW – Muscular weakness and limited physical endurance.
|How to Prepare for PO Exam?||How to Prepare for Specialist Officer?|
|6 Time Management Tips for IBPS Exam||Quick Tips for English Preparation for IBPS|
Guidelines for Persons With Disabilities using a Scribe
- A candidate who uses writer gets extra 20 minutes for every hour of IBPS Exam.
- The candidate can use their scribe at his/her own cost during the online examination. The scribe can be from any academic stream.
- If a candidate is visually impaired and is not using the service of a scribe, then he/she may opt for the magnified font.
- For the post of Specialist Officer, the scribe should be from a different academic stream as that prescribed for the post.
- SBI PO Vs IBPS PO Job, Salary, Career Comparison
- Upcoming SBI Exam Dates 2017
- SBI PO Salary and Perks, Benefits
All participants must check carefully for their eligibility. And IBPS Department also gives ten years age relaxation in all post. IBPS Disability certificate format of PWD certificates to be submitted at the time of interview etc. can be downloaded from IBPS website www.ibps.in.
Hope this Article gives you lots of information about Person with disability & visually handicapped criteria and guideline for IBPS Exam. Share this with your friends that it can help others. You can also share your exam experiences here.
|How to Crack IBPS Reasoning? Simple Tricks||How to Prepare Current Affairs for IBPS?|
For any query and suggestion regarding IBPS PWD eligibility and relaxation, you can use our comment section below. Check other latest ibps exam details here.
|IBPS Exam Updates 2017
|IBPS Clerk Recruitment||Latest IBPS Syllabus 2017|
|IBPS PO Recruitment||Latest IBPS Paper Pattern|
|IBPS RRB Exam||IBPS Exam Books|
|IBPS SO Exam||IBPS Exam Time Table|
|IBPS Notification 2017||IBPS Previous Question Papers|