IBPS RRB Officer Job Profile, Work Structure, and Career Growth Opportunities
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is the department that recruits the eligible candidates for the participating banks all over India. In due course of a year, different posts in the banks were advertised by the bank like IBPS PO, Clerk, RRB, Specialist Officer etc.
The Institute issued a latest notification regarding the job posts of the Regional Rural Banks. The RRB job is very easy as a candidate can get home posting in it. The RRB is a bank which works for the rural development and provides banking facilities to the regional people.
The nature and working profile of IBPS RRB officer can be better understood by knowing the following information regarding officer.
IBPS RRB Officer Job Profile Description (Scale 1, 2, 3)
In the RRB the officer’s grade is distributed into two main categories and which is further divided into categories. The IBPS RRB accepts direct applications for four posts that are divided into two groups –
- GROUP ‘A’- Officer’s Post – Scale I, Scale-II, Scale III
- GROUP ‘B’ – IBPS RRB Office Assistant
The recruitment process of the officer for given categories is based upon the written common entrance exam which will be conducted by the ibps.
The Language proficiency of the candidate is a pre-requisite for this job. A candidate who applies for this job must profess the language of the state in which the RRB is situated.As the officer in the RRB has to deal with local people like farmers, small-scale business holders etc.
The people might not be familiar with Hindi all over India. Like people in Punjab prefers to talk in Punjabi. So that’s why IBPS recruits local candidates as RRB officer.
As the officer in the RRB has to deal with local people like farmers, small-scale business holders etc. The people might not familiar with Hindi all over India. Like people in Punjab prefers to talk in Punjabi. So that’s why IBPS recruits local candidates as RRB officer.
|IBPS Bank Clerk Job Profile||IBPS RRB Officer Syllabus 2018|
What is IBPS RRB Officer Work?
The RRB officer is essentially a Management Trainee job. The new recruits are kept on a probation period for two years. After the two years, candidates can get a full-time job and in two years the candidates are given training on the work profile of RRB officer.
The “IBPS RRB Officer Job profile” is very much similar to Bank PO Job Profile.
A number of candidates apply for RRB Officer Job as it offers nice remuneration. The in-hand salary of IBPS RRB Officer (Scale 1) ranges from Rs. 29,000 to 33,000. Now, this is the starting salary. Once you keep moving the career growth ladder, the salary will keep increasing too. Check complete details on IBPS RRB Officer Salary here.
Work Profile of RRB Officer in Banks
The job profile of an RRB officer is not limited to work in the rural area. The role and duties of the RRB officer are much more than any other commercial bank officer.
The main and primary duty of RRB officer is to bring banking services in the rural areas of India. The RRB officer is trained to be multi-tasker and has qualities to handle a bundle of duties.
|IBPS RRB Officer Scale Exam 2018
|IBPS RRB Officer Question Papers||IBPS RRB Officer Result|
|IBPS RRB Officer Vs Office Assistant Job Profile||IBPS RRB Officer Preparation Tips|
|IBPS RRB Officer Admit Card||IBPS RRB Officer Cut Off Marks|
Life and Responsibilities of IBPS RRB Officer
Who is IBPS RRB Officer? The RRB officer has to perform many other functions.
- The Regular banking activities -The RRB officer has to perform all the activities that a commercial bank officer performs on the daily basis. The officer has to handle the books of the banks, helps the customers, make the public relationship, help the other co-workers, manage cash book etc. The functions that RRB officer has to perform on the regular basis.
- Loans -The RRB Officer main duty is to provide credit facility to the rural areas. The officer grants the agriculture loan to the farmers after evaluating their papers and documents. The RRB banks were established to give banking facility to the rural people and grant agricultural loans to the farmers and to eliminate zamindar system.
The officer appointed by RRB, it’s his duty to distribute loan to the farmer’s and encourage them to take a loan from the bank.
- Maintaining Credit Profile -The duty of the RRB officer begins from the distribution of loan. The officer has to be cautious in this role since most of the agriculture loans and loans to allied sectors turn into NPA very soon if you do not monitor them properly. The officer needs to regularly visit the loan taker and examine their capacity to pay back the loan.
- Recovery of the loan -The officer had to maintain the books of loan takers and remind them regarding the due payment. The recovery of loan also falls in the hope profile of the RRB officer.
They need visit customers and ask them to clear their dues. But if they fail to return the money, then the officer has to find alternative options. The officer can auction the mortgaged property’s of the customers to recover the money of loan.
Difference IBPS PO Vs IBPS Clerk How To Crack RRB Officer Exam Without Coaching? IBPS RRB Participating Banks List आईबीपीएस बैंक परीक्षा की तैयारी कैसे करे?
- Public relationship – It is one of the most important works in IBPS Bank RRB Officer Job Profile. The officer has to maintain good relations with the public. The officer should conduct different methods to attract them. The public of the RRB banks in rural and less educated people, so the officer should conduct different methods to engulf them in the bank.
The loan mela should be conducted by the officer to explain different loan schemes to the farmers and benefits of the activities should be explained to them. The one to one communication helps in making the relationship between the public and bank.
- Audit of the report – The officer has to evaluate the bank’s annual balance sheet and access the annual reports of the bank. The officer has to maintain the audit report of the financial year and telly with the last year report.
- Prepare Bank reports and consult with higher authorities. The officer of the bank has to prepare a report of the day to day banking activities and share it with other higher authorities. The officer provides different information to the higher authorities about the local financial conditions and the facilities required to them.
- The Implementation of schemes – The officer has the duty to maintain the schemes issued by the government. The government issued different schemes for the uplifting of the rural area and it’s the RRB officer duty to implement these schemes in his branch area.
- What is Work of IBPS IT Officer in Bank?
- Work of Rajbhasha Adhikari in bank
- What is IBPS HR Officer Work and Responsibilities?
These are the main duties performed by the RRB officer and to become RRB officer one has to the train himself/herself to achieve excellence. Hope now you better understand that What is the job profile of IBPS RRB Officer?
|IBPS PO Notification 2018||How to Prepare for IBPS RRB Interview?|
IBPS RRB Officer Career Growth
Everyone needs opportunities to grow and develop in their fields. The human needs constant challenge and growth to survive. The RRB officer has numerous opportunities to grow their career and make more out of their life.
The first opportunity that RRB officer has to grow within the branch. The class 1 officer can get promoted to the class 2 and class 2 officer as a class officer.
This promotion is based upon the performance and experience of the candidates. The bank evaluates the performance of each employee and after their performance based they got the promotion.
IBPS RRB Officer Promotion Structure
- Officer Scale I the designation is Junior Manager.
- Officer Scale-II the designation is the Senior Manager.
- Officer Scale III the designation is a Branch Manager.
The RRB officer post is very prestigious and candidates have numerous opportunities out of the bank. The RRB officer can get a job in another office according to the base of their experience and seniority.
|IBPS RRB Officer English Grammar Tips||IBPS RRB Officer Reasoning Exam Tips|
|IBPS RRB Officer English Preparation Tips||IBPS RRB Officer General Awareness Tips|
IBPS RRB Officer Salary Structure
|Post||In Hand Salary|
|Officer Scale – I||Rs. 29,000 – 33,000|
|Officer Scale – II||Rs. 33,000 – 39,000|
|Officer Scale – III||Rs. 38,000 – 44,000|
How to become an IBPS RRB Officer?
Those who are interested they can check IBPS RRB Officer eligibility criteria that who can apply for IBPS RRB Officer post?
The above-given information is the center idea of the RRB officer working profile and career growth. I hope this information helps candidates who are preparing for RRB Officer post and motive them to work hard. Best of luck guys for RRB officer job and hopefully get selected for the exam.
If you have any query related to IBPS RRB Officer job Profile you can use comment section given below. Share this article with your friends and check other ibps exam updates too.