IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2017 (Prelims and Mains Question Paper Format with Marks)(आईबीपीएस पीओ एग्जाम पैटर्न 8822 पद)
The department has released the IBPS PO Notification 2017 for a large number of posts of Probationary Officer (PO) & Management Trainee (MT). IBPS PO stands for Institute of banking personnel selection probationary officer. The IBPS PO 2017 exam will be conducted in three phases – preliminary exam, mains exam and interview.
The mode of the ibps exam 2017 would be online. All the things would be done online only. The process starts with ibps po online registration in which the application needs to be submitted and also the fees need to be paid. These processes would be done online only and no offline process is there for applying for the post.
Now all of the participants required to check Job Profile of PO and Latest IBPS PO paper pattern.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern (CWE VII) details Phase 1, 2, 3
“IBPS PO exam pattern” will be having three phases as mentioned earlier. The overview of the three phases is as follows: Phase 1 preliminary exam would be conducted online. There would be three sections for the phase 1 exam that is English, quantitative aptitude and reasoning ability. Check IBPS Exam Pattern of PO 2017.
Phase 1 preliminary exam would be conducted online. There would be three sections for the phase 1 exam that is English, quantitative aptitude and reasoning ability. Check IBPS Exam Pattern of PO 2017.
The total marks allotted for this phase is 100 marks and time duration would be 1 hour. The candidates need to qualify in all the sections as by at least securing the cutoffs decided by the IBPS. The qualifying candidates would be eligible to appear in the next phase that is phase 2 for the mains examination.
IBPS PO Preliminary Exam Pattern
IBPS PO pre-exam question pattern is objective. The paper contains 100 questions of 100 marks with these given 3 subjects below.
Phase 1 Preliminary exam
There is three sections of the preliminary exam are Reasoning ability, Quantitative aptitude, and English language.
The number of questions for first sections of reasoning ability is 35 and marks allotted for this section is 35. The number of questions in the second section is 35 and marks allotted is 35. The last section of general English would have 30 questions and marks allotted would be 30.
So the total marks allotted would be 35+35+30= 100 and total questions would 35+35+30= 100 and total time duration for the complete exam are 1 hour. In IBPS PO online exam pattern there is a concept of negative marking which would be applied in which 0.25 marks would be deducted for every wrong answer. Candidates need to score the cutoffs at least in all three sections.
IBPS Prelims Exam Pattern Table
|Sr No.||Test Name||Qns.||Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning Ability Paper||35||35||01 hour|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude Paper||35||35|
|3||English Language Paper||30||30|
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing minimum cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS.
- Latest IBPS PO Syllabus 2017
- IBPS PO Prelims Mock Test Series with Detailed Analysis & Solutions
- Free IBPS PO 2017 Ebook Download
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern 2017
The mains examination is also an online exam which would be conducted for 200 marks and time duration will be 03 hours. The mains exam is further divided into 5 sections which are Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, General awareness, English language, Data Analysis & Interpretation and (Letter Writing & Essay).
The candidates here also need to at least score the cutoffs in order to qualify but here one twist is there in IBPS PO exam marks pattern.
Only securing cutoffs is not enough, candidates need to score high marks. As after this phase, a merit list would be prepared by IBPS wherein the conducting body would arrange the candidates with high marks at the top.
The top rankers in the merit list would be given priority for the next round that is interview round and it would be decided as per the number of vacancies.
|Sr No.||Test Name||Qns.||Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Min.|
|2||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 Min.|
|3||English Language||35||40||40 Min.|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 Min.|
|5||English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||30 Min.|
Phase 2 Mains Examination
The next section is the English Language which comprises 35 questions and marks also 40 but the time frame is 40 minutes. The next section of Data Analysis & Interpretation would have 35 questions and marks would be 60 and time limit is 45 minutes. The last section is English Language (Letter Writing & Essay) would have 2 questions of 25 marks and the time limit is 30 minutes.
The negative marking would be applicable in this section as well. The candidates need to score at least cutoffs for all the five sections in order to qualify the exam.
IBPS PO 2017 Exam Scheduled in the month of October so get ready for ibps po preparation.
|5 IBPS PO Mains mock exam just for Rs 99|
|Difference between IBPS PO Vs SBI PO Exam Pattern|
|Salary Package After Clearing IBPS PO Exam|
|SBI PO Paper Pattern 2017|
IBPS PO Interview Pattern 2017
The next phase is phase 3 Interview round. The candidates fulfilling all the requirements for the qualifications of mains examination would be shortlisted and those candidates would be called for an interview round. This round would have 100 marks and the candidates clearing this round to be given final allotment in the banks.
Phase 3 Interview
The combined final merit list would be prepared considering marks obtained in mains examination and interview. IBPS will give weight age to the main examination and interview in the ratio 80:20 respectively.
Once the interview round gets completed, allotment would be done as per the vacancies and posts available and candidates could be allotted in any of the participating institutes to the post of probationary officer. The minimum qualifying marks in the interview should not be less than 40% (35% for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD candidates).
What are the minimum numbers of questions required to attempt in each section of IBPS PO Exam?
IBPS Cut Off Score – Each candidate required minimum score marks to be selected in Interview depending on the number of vacancies available. CWE marks will be not included in interview marks. For more details read full notification details. Read this article carefully IBPS PO prelims and mains pattern then related details are given below…
- All papers except English will be available in both languages Hindi & English.
- Negative marking applicable for all candidates with O.25 marks deducted at every wrong question and unmarked questions will not be included in negative marking.
- Minimum score required being called for Interview.
- IBPS PO Mock Test Series with Detailed Analysis & Solutions
|IBPS PO Exam 2017 – 2018|
|IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria|
|IBPS PO Exam Dates 2017|
|IBPS PO Selection Process|
|IBPS PO Admit Card Download|
|IBPS PO Exam Center List|
|IBPS PO Cutoff list 2017|
|IBPS PO Exam Books|
|IBPS PO Question Papers|
|IBPS PO Result|
What are the topics asked in IBPS PO Exam?
IBPS PO Detailed Syllabus 2017 –
- The reasoning section of IBPS PO would have questions from the topics analogy, coding and decoding, number series, syllogism, critical reasoning and data sufficiency, visual and logical reasoning, puzzle and blood relation, series completion, statement and argument, passage and conclusion, order and ranking etc. Check Reasoning Preparation Tips for IBPS PO Exam?
- The Quantitative aptitude section of ibpspoexampattern covers the topics such as number system, ranking and time sequence, boats and streams, percentages and partnerships, time and work, ratio and proportion, simple and compound interest, bar graphs and pie charts, table and case sets, probability and series etc. The Quantitative Aptitude syllabus for this section is very vast.
- The General Awareness section of IBPS PO covers up the current affairs, RBI related questions, history and geography, technology and research news, Indian economy questions, banking and finance, marketing aptitude and economy etc. Check GK Preparation Tips for IBPS PO Exam?
- The English section of IBPS PO covers up the close passages, faulty construction, jumbled sentences, synonyms and antonyms, spotting errors etc. Check English Preparation Tips for IBPS PO Exam?
- The Computer knowledge section of IBPS PO covers up the topics such as computer hardware, operating system concepts, shortcuts keys, MS office, Internet and networks, basic security concepts and latest technologies. Check Computer questions for bank exams.
The above-detailed information is useful for the candidates to have a look at the What is exam pattern for IBPS PO 2017? that they are going to deal with while studying and while giving exam as well. Good luck to all the candidates appearing in the examination. Prepare well, perform well and achieve well.