IBPS Law Officer Syllabus with exam pattern | Specialist Officer Eligibility & Pay Scale | IBPS Law Officer Exam Guide
Institute of banking personnel selection (IBPS) department scheduled IBPS Law officer exam in January month of 2017. Interested candidates can apply for “Law Officer” exam from November 2016. Before applying for IBPS cwe law officer (scale I) exam, you need to know about this post and exam. Here you find all necessary information about IBPS exam for Law Officer and ibps law officer preparation tips.
LAW OFFICER Work & Eligibility –
A Law Officer is a person who regulates, keep in mind all the legal activities of the bank. He/she gives a compelling legal guidance in the arrangement of legal opinions, studies, reports and correspondence, as required every once in a while by different branches of the bank.
The primary duty of the officer is to help and guide that all the work of bank is complete accordance with the laws and act directed by the government.
A Law Officer also ensures that if the bank signs any contracts with individuals or companies/organizations, the companies/organizations/ individuals must be legally fit and in legally right manner. He also provides legal advice to the staff members.
The salary or the pay scale of a Law Officer is 34000-70000/-. It is the post under six specialist officer post of the IBPS exam. To appear in this exam here is a proper eligibility criteria for law officer job –
- Candidate must hold a “University Degree,” i.e. he/she must be a graduate.
- Candidate must have an age between 20 to 30 years.
- He/she must hold an LLB Bachelor degree and enrolled with Bar Council as an Advocate.
- IBPS Law Officer Salary and Allowances.
- IBPS SO Officer Mock Test Series
Law Officer Exam Pattern –
IBPS Law officer exam have two stages 1. Written test and 2. Interview. Law officer written exam is an objective type paper containing four sections i.e.
- SO Reasoning test of 50 marks
- SO English language test of 25 marks
- SO General awareness test of 50 marks
- SO Professional knowledge test of 75 marks
In the total of 200 marks, 0.25 marks are deducted for any wrong question as negative marking.
And then the interview is conducted if the written exam and interview are clear then candidate gets selected for this post in any of the banks like Allahabad Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank Of India, Bank of Maharashtra and all other banks included in IBPS. Check IBPS Law Officer exam pattern and below in this table.
|Paper||Subject Name||No. of Qs.||Duration|
|1||Reasoning (रीजनिंग)||50||120 minutes|
|2||English Language (अंग्रेज़ी)||50|
|2||General Awareness (सामान्य ज्ञान)||50|
|3||Professional knowledge (व्यावसायिक ज्ञान)||50|
What is the Syllabus of IBPS Law officer exam –
Aspirants must read IBPS law officer detailed syllabus which helps you in law officer preparation of IBPS Exam. IBPS SO law officer syllabus covers four sections Reasoning, English, General Knowledge and Professional Knowledge. All subjects have their importance in IBPS 2017, so you should prepare well for all of them don’t take any topic in a light way they all increase your score well. Now read about law officer syllabus topic wise.
IBPS Law officer reasoning syllabus –
It is an important section of the law officer exam. It covers all the logical questions, facts, conclusions, and judgment. The IBPS syllabus in reasoning consists of verbal and non-verbal reasoning.
Topics included which are must prepare for this section are Data Sufficiency, Syllogism, Input-Output, Coding-Decoding, Analogy, Blood Relation, Puzzle Test, Direction Sense Test, Number, Ranking & Time Sequence, Eligibility Test, Arrangements-Linear & Circular, etc. IBPS Law Officer reasoning preparation tips.
For Non-verbal reasoning topics are Series test, Analogy, Odd figures, Miscellaneous test. Many books are available in the market to prepare for ibps law officer exam.
IBPS Law Officer English Language Syllabus –
This section includes the basic English language questions based on synonyms, antonym, articles, prepositions, sentence completion, word formation and the topic comprehension and the topic Rearrangement of passage, spelling, sentence. Some Grammar questions ( Active Passive Voice, Direct Indirect speech, and usage of phrases and idioms, etc. are major topics of English syllabus of law officer exam. How to Prepare English for IBPS Law Officer?
IBPS Law Officer General Awareness Syllabus –
General Knowledge Syllabus of law officer exam contains 50 marks, and it includes major topics from current affairs especially reference to banking industry. And other items are from Indian Constitution based questions, Indian Politics, Latest events and activities of High Court and Supreme Court released policy Sports, Awards, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) based questions, banking terms, Indian economy questions, etc. this paper measure your Gk skills in IBPS Exam. Also, Read – General Knowledge Preparation Tips.
IBPS Law Officer Professional Knowledge Syllabus –
Now, this is the section which has highest weight age in the written exam and can be done very easily if the candidate has good knowledge. It is the section which is included only SO exams of IBPS not in clerical or PO because it contains the questions relating to the particular profession/field.
The topics for this section is entirely different from every field relating to this exam like for IT field SO exam this subject will include all the information relating to the computers for SO law officer exam this subject will include knowledge relating to the banks and law. Practice questions with mock exams for the specialist officer.
Law and Acts with direct and Indirect Implication on the banking sector like Contract Acts, Partnerships, Companies, Firm, Constitution,
- RBI Functions,
- Relevant laws and rulings related to negotiable instruments, securities, Foreign Exchange,
- Prevention of money laundering, Limitation Act
- Bankers Book Evidence Act, DRT Act
- Offenses and Penalties
- Consumer Protection Act
- Banking Ombudsman Scheme
- RTI Act, Information Technology Act,
- Banking Regulated Important Laws
- Limitation Act, 1993
- Banker’s Books Evidence Act, 1891
- The Recovery of Debts due to Banks and Financial Institutions (DRT) Act,1993
- Securitization and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest (SARFAESI) Act, 2002
- Miscellaneous Provisions Consumer Protection Act, 1986
- The Banking Ombudsman Scheme, 2006
- Procedure for Redressal of Grievance
- Commercial Laws with Reference to Banking Operation
- Contracts of Guarantee
- Contracts of Bailment
- Contracts of Pledge
- Contracts of Agency
- Meaning and Essentials of a Contract of Sale
- Definition, Meaning and Nature of Partnership
- Dissolution of a Firm
- Effects of Non-Registration
- Definition and Features of Company
- Types of Companies
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- Doctrines of Ultra/Constructive Notice/Indoor Management
- Transfer of Property Act, 1882
- The Right to Information Act, 2005
- Right to Information and Obligation of Public Authorities
- Banking Regulation & Compliance and Legal Aspects
- RBI’s Constitution and Objectives
- Banking Regulation Act, 1949
- Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
- Credit Information Bureau (India)
- Banker-Customer Relationship
- Payment and Collection of Cheques and Other Negotiable Instruments
- Types of Collaterals and their Characteristics
- Foreign Exchange Management Act,1999
- The Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002.
- Information Technology Act, 2000. etc.
It is whole ibps exam syllabus for law officer read it carefully and start your preparations for IBPS exam.
- IBPS IT Officer syllabus exam pattern
- IBPS Agriculture Field Officer syllabus with Exam Pattern
- IBPS Rajbhasha Adhikari officer syllabus
- IBPS Marketing Officer syllabus
- IBPS HR personnel officer syllabus
- IBPS Exam Preparation Test-Series Pdf Download
How to prepare for IBPS Law Officer
Most of the participants are not aware of how to make a study plan and what to read first how to manage all preparation of ibps exam here is a Complete Guide for preparation of IBPS exam help you a lot in IBPS Law Officer Recruitment. And in short, you can use best books for ibps law officer exam 2017, practice with the mock test for ibps law officer and previous year question papers of Law officer for a better idea of this exam. You can buy IBPS Law officer books from different publications check link below.
This exam is best for the candidates who specialize in law. First, check IBPS Law Officer Syllabus before start your preparation and you can share anything with us about your experience of ibps law officer exam, any suggestion any query also check more articles on IBPS Exam below. Official website of IBPS www.ibps.in Law officer.
|IBPS Exam Latest Updates 2017
|IBPS PO Exam||IBPS Exam Dates||IBPS Admit Card|
|IBPS Clerk Exam||IBPS Exam Syllabus 2017||SBI Exam 2017 Dates|
|IBPS SO Exam||IBPS Exam Books||IBPS Interview Questions|
|IBPS RRB Exam||IBPS Question Papers||Law Officer Study Material|