IBPS Clerk Job Profile Description, Responsibilities, and Salary
आईबीपीएस क्लर्क जॉब प्रोफाइल – Students who are searching their career in the banking sector after graduation “Clerk” is a most lovable post by them. But before applying for a clerk post, you must know that bank clerk job is good or bad for you means you should be familiar with job profile of ibps clerk and what are the scopes, benefits, and IBPS Clerk salary and allowances, etc.
Here are different types of bank clerk Jobs like Accounts Clerk, Data entry Clerk, Office Clerk, Commercial Clerk, Exchange clerks, Interest clerks, Statement clerks, Loan clerks, Security clerks, etc. you will shift lower to upper-level clerk post according to bank policies.
Now Let’s focus on Job profile of clerk in participating public and private sector banks. And these are some questions from students which they are asking here at IBPS Recruitment guide many times.
- What is the job profile of clerk in the bank?
- What is the Salary of IBPS Bank Clerk?
- Difference Between Job Profile – IBPS Clerk Vs IBPS PO
IBPS Clerk Job Profile Complete Details
It is compulsory for all candidates that they are aware of the post they applied for. you should check life and responsibilities of a bank clerk that what is your work after selection on a clerical cadre post. It is the first step to check bank clerk job reviews.
What is Clerk in Bank? बैंक में क्लर्क की भूमिका क्या होती है?
Clerk definition – First of all, you should know about “What is a clerk?”. It is also called “Single Window Operator.” According to the Wikipedia, Clerk is a person who performs daily office tasks and accounts related works in the bank like handling cash counter, maintain ledger, keep transaction records up to date, etc.
these are the primary duties for bank clerk job description. Now check what the role of clerk in a bank?
What are Clerk Duties in the bank?
बैंक में क्लर्क की जिम्मेदारी क्या होती है? For customers, Clerk is the first point of contact for inquiries & guidance. Clerk post is an important part of every bank. It handles many valuable works related to the customer’s accounts and solves their complaints and issues this is also an important role of clerk in the bank. Check the other main works covers by this post.
- Handling deposit and withdrawal cash is the primary work of the clerk. Along with that clerk also undertakes the receipt of cheques, drafts, dividend warrants, and pay orders.
- Payment clearance works like Verify cheques, issue demand drafts, etc.
- Maintain a daily record of balance.
- Perform various back office works like receipts collection, ledger maintenance, balance tally, data entry, issue ESI stamps, typing other necessary bank information served to the customers, etc.
- Issue cheque books after authentication of clients.
- In some of the bank clerk also plays a significant role in the marketing of financial products of the Bank such as loans, mutual funds, deposits, schemes, etc. this is the summary of ibps clerk job description.
|IBPS Clerk Recent Notification||IBPS Clerk VI Exam Pattern 2017|
|IBPS Clerk Syllabus Guide||IBPS Clerk VI Exam Dates 2017|
IBPS Bank Clerk Salary Structure with allowances
आईबीपीएस बैंक क्लर्क सैलरी एंड भत्ते – After clear doubts on bank clerk job skills, students needs to check what are the pay scale of clerk post and basic salary of ibps clerk with all benefits like DA, HRA, and other allowances. Note – Given below table is approximate starting level salary structure.
|IBPS Clerk Salary Structure 2017|
|Criteria||Metro Cities||State Capital||District Level and Rural|
|Gross with HRA||14842.80||14770.80||14662.80|
After 10th bipartite agreement and wage revision salary will be increased and touch around 21900. Now let’s focus on bank clerk career prospects.
Bank Clerk Career Growth and Promotion
After being selected as a “Clerk officer,” you will get multiple chances to be promoted to the higher level. Your increment depends on upon your performance during the probation period of six months it’s may vary bank to bank. And you will be selected on senior post level after every two years.
You can also apply for private sector banks and other financial institution for a better opportunity. So this is the summary of IBPS Clerk job profile and promotion. Also, check – IBPS Bank PO (Probationary Officer) Job Profile.
How to become a Clerk in bank?
बैंक में क्लर्क कैसे बना जा सकता है? – Now this is also a top most question from student side. Here is a complete guide on Eligibility criteria for clerk in bank. Check some standard requirement of a clerk by the department such as:
- Educational Qualification – must have completed graduation degree in any discipline.
- Age limit 20- 28 years
- Proficiency in the local language
- Computer certificate (depends on the vacancy). You can also read more depth details about Clerk exam below.
Hope this complete guide on “IBPS Clerk job profile” helps you a lot to understand the concept behind a clerical post. If I miss some points here you can suggest me I love to add it. If you want to share your experiences of Clerk exam and Interview, you can also use our comment section below.
For any discussion on IBPS clerk responsibilities in bank OR latest ibps clerk exam updates, you can subscribe our newsletter or join our Facebook page. Check other related articles on IBPS Exam.