IBPS Agriculture Field Officer Job Profile with Career Growth
The Institute of banking personnel selection (IBPS) releases specialist officer notification for various job posts every year for recruitment for different public sector banks participating in the IBPS Exam.
IBPS Agriculture Field Officer Job Profile and Work Structure
The Agricultural Officer is on the scale 1 post for the specialist officers. It mainly revolves around spreading and promoting the financial products and services of banks among the farmers and landlords in the rural area for agricultural purpose.
- Promoting Rural Financing
- Disbursal of Agri Loans
- Review of Agri Loans
- Reporting to the Senior Authority
- Coordination with NABARD and RRBs
What is the Job Profile of Agricultural Officer in Banks?
IBPS Agriculture Field officer is recruit by the body which handles all the events related to recruitment of the candidates. The selection is carried out through a CWE that is commonly written examination every year.
The CWE is conducted in two phases that are the preliminary exam and mains exam. The candidate should score well in both the exams. Here we talking about many queries about the “IBPS Agriculture Field officer job profile” such as
- IBPS AFO Job work and Responsibilities
- What is IBPS Agriculture Field Officer work?
- What is IBPS Agriculture Field Officer career and growth prospectus?
- How to Become an IBPS Agriculture Field Officer?
- What is Complete Job Profile of IBPS Agriculture Officer?
- IBPS Agricultural Officer Online Mock Test Series
The banking sector is one of the most important financial pillars of the financial sector which plays a vital role in the functioning of an economy. It is considered to be the backbone of any modern economy.
The economic development takes place in this banking sector only. Banking sector deals with trading. For economic growth, there is the requirement of large human resource which could handle all the department of the banking sector to let the economy of the country grow.
Agriculture Field Officer (AFO) plays an important role, especially in rural areas.
|IBPS Agriculture Officer Syllabus 2018||IBPS AFO Previous Question Papers|
The Job description of an Agricultural Officer includes the following Duties and Responsibilities:
- The agriculture officer has to promote the bank’s products and services amongst the farmers and landlords, the services could be such as loan schemes, mutual funds fixed deposits etc. The services which could help to improve the agricultural field with all the possible benefits to farmers and landlords as well.
- The aspirant needs to develop and maintain cordial relationships with the rural population.
- Disbursal of Agri-Loans: The agricultural officer must take care of the disbursal of loans to the farmers as well as others involved in the primary sector of the economy.
- Review of Agri-Loans: The most important aspect is to review the loans once it has been disbursed. The officer should take care as many times the disbursed loan becomes the non-performing assets due to an inability of farmers to repay the loan. Under those conditions, the officer must be decided whether the loan has to be restructured or it should be declared as loss asset considering the condition of the farmer or the person who availed the loan.
- In short words, the officer is responsible for all the activities such as sanctioning the loans, site visit, verification of documents etc. Hope now you better understand the work of IBPS agricultural field officer.
|IBPS IT Officer job Profile with Career growth||IBPS Rajbhasha Adhikari job Profile|
What is IBPS BANK AFO Salary and Perks?
Starting salary: The starting salary of an Agricultural officer (Scale 1) is provided under the Junior Management Grade (Scale 1). The starting basic pay scale for an agricultural officer is Rs.23700 – 980, where Rs.23700 is the basic pay and Rs.980 is the grade pay.
The total in hand salary per month shall be around Rs.28000 to Rs.33000 depending on the bracket of benefits you may fall in. The list of benefits for the specialist officers are as:
- Check complete details of IBPS Agriculture officer salary.
- Dearness allowance
- House Rent allowance
- Capital Cost Allowance
- Medical Aid for self and for family
- Home Travel Concession
- Leave Fare Concession
- Perquisites (Conveyance, newspapers, entertainment allowance, house, and furniture, maintenance etc.)
- Concessional interest rates for housing/ car/ personal loans
- Special allowances
- IBPS HR Officer Job Profile
|IBPS PO Job Profile and Career||IBPS Clerk Job Profile and Career|
|IBPS RRB Officer Job Profile||SBI PO Job Profile with Career Promotion|
IBPS Agriculture Field Officer Career Growth
The Agricultural officer is on the scale 1 Junior management grade. There are a lot of career growth opportunities in this field.
The candidates can work hard to achieve those posts. The posts which an officer could achieve are as follows:
- The officer would be promoted to manager scale 2 under middle management grade.
- The manager could be promoted to senior manager scale 3 under middle management grade.
- Then the senior manager will have the opportunity to get promoted to chief manager scale 4 under senior management grade.
- Then comes the post of assistant general manager scale 5 under senior management grade.
- The next level is of deputy general manager scale 6 under top management grade.
- The last but not least tier of the promotion is general manager scale 7 under top management grade.
- IBPS Agricultural Officer Online Mock Test Series
The above-mentioned posts constitute the ladder for an agricultural officer. The first step is agriculture officer and the rest could be climbed with hard work.
IBPS AFO Promotional parameters
There are various parameters which are considered for the promotion of ibps agricultural officer. The parameters are:
- Merit/ Performance
- Seniority/ Length of service
- Educational and professional qualification
- Performance in the promotional process that is written test, group discussion, and interview
These are the parameters which are always considered for promoting any specialist officer to a higher post under higher management grade.
The banks have different promotion policies and channel of promotions depends upon the number of vacancies and business needs of the banks. The above-mentioned parameters are general and the banks might consider all these or some of these for promotions.
After knowing the work of agriculture officer in banks checks other eligibility.
How to become an Agriculture field officer?
Hope now you better know about IBPS Bank AFO Job profile OR work of agriculture officer in banks. Now we focus on agriculture officer job details.
Educational qualification for Agricultural Officer: The candidate applying for this post must hold the 4-year degree (graduation) in agriculture/ horticulture/ animal husbandry/ veterinary science/ dairy science/ agricultural engineering/ fishery science/ pisciculture/ Agri Marketing and cooperation/ Co-operation and banking/ Agro-Forestry.
For more details, you can visit official website at IBPS, i.e. www.ibps.in
Age: The candidate must have the age between 20 – 30 years who are applying for this post. The age relaxation is provided to the candidates as per government norms.
Application fees: The candidate applying for this post has to pay Rs.600/- for general/ OBC category candidates as application fees and the candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates need to pay Rs.100/- as application fees.
The mode of fee payment is online only. Check complete Guide on How to pay IBPS Agriculture officer fees online?
The IBPS agriculture field officer job profile and career growth would always help a candidate to understand the nature of job and nature of work, the responsibilities that he/ she has to perform and what other expectations could be fulfilled from the job.
Good luck to all the candidates!!!