Indian Consitution Questions for IBPS PO, Clerk , Competitive Exams
Constitution of India is a top most topic of IBPS General knowledge syllabus. Various Indian constitution based questions asked every year in all types of exams such as banking, UPSC, SSC etc. If you have good knowledge about this topic you can easily answer any of question asked from this. Here IBPS Recruitment Guide helps you better understand about constitution questions topic in which you find it’s history, features, kinds, important topics, notes, example questions etc.
While reading this information be focused because every paragraph of this article creates various constitution questions multiple choice. Every topic covers up to 3 – 5 questions. here we only cover important topics of the constitution for IBPS Exam.
This is a best practice to focus on the whole topic rather than only for a question. Examiner will ask the question from anywhere so you should prepare whole about it. here you can check more about IBPS General knowledge preparation tips.
Constitution Questions for IBPS Exam
Here every paragraph contains different Indian constitution gk questions so be serious while reading.
What is the Constitution?
Constitution is a body of fundamental principals or established precedents according to a state or another many organization is acknowledge to be governed. It is the composition of something that helps state or organization to run. It is a body of different entrenched rules that make it and helps in governing the conduct of organization, nation, and state and established its concept, structure or character.
It is in the form of short document that is general in nature and embodying the aspiration and values of its writers and subjects. The oldest constitution was of the US that was in 1787.
There are many rules or laws that pertain to a society, when our forefathers wrote the constitution they formed a new and wonderful experiment in government which spelled out the equality of all men and allowed flexibility for changes over time.
Why is constitution important?
Constitution is useful for organization of any size, such as community group which may choose to organize their meetings through Robert’s rules of order.
When principal are written into a single document or a set of legal document those document can be said to embody a written constitution. If they are written down in a single comprehensive document it is said to embody a codified constitution.
It concerns different levels, from sovereign states to companies and unincorporated association. Some constitutions are codified, that act as limiters on state power, by establishing lines which a state ruler can not cross, such as fundamental rights.
What is India’s constitution?
India’s constitution is longest written, over any sovereign country. It has 444 articles, 22 parts, 12 scheduled, and 118 amendments with 117,369 words in English language translation, where a US-written constitution is shortest written constitutions that have 7 articles and 27 amendments with 4400 words.
The constitution of India helps in sets out how that state will be organized and the powers of authorities of government between different political units and citizens.this para creates various constitution questions for bank exams such as
– How many articles in Indian constitution?
– Which is the longest written constitution in the world?
Birth of constitution in India
India’s constitution was passed on 26 Nov 1949, by the constituent assembly and applicable on 26 Jan 1950. The constituent assembly was elected for undivided India and held its first sitting on 9th dec. 1947. In composition, the members were elected by indirect election by the members of provisional legislative assemblies at the time of signing 284 out of 299 members. The constitution of India drew from western legal tradition, it follows British parliamentary pattern. It embodies fundamental rights that were stated from the US it also borrow the concept of Supreme Court.
India is the federal system in which residual power of legislation remains with the central government, similar to the Canada. It provides a detailed list dividing up power between central and state government as in Australia. The Indian constitution is one of the most frequently amended constitutions in the world.
IBPS Constitution Questions based on topics
8 facts about the constitution of India:
Question – What are facts of Indian constitution?
- The Indian constitution is the largest in the world.
- It took 3 years to draft the Indian constitution.
- The Indian constitution was handwritten and calligraphed both in English and Hindi.
- The Indian constitution is called the bag of borrowings.
- The Indian constitution came into Jan 26, 1950.
- Our republic day is celebrated for 3 days.
- The national emblem of India was adopted on Jan 26, 1950.
- B.R. Ambedkar had a major role to play in the formulation of the Indian constitution.
Question – Who wrote Indian constitution?
22 parts of Indian constitution –
- Part 1 the union and its territory art 1 to 4
- Part2 citizenship art 5 to 11
- Part 3 fundamental rights art 12 10 35
- Part4 directive principal art 36 to 51
- Part4 A fundamental duties art 51 A
- Part 5 the union art 52 to 151
- Part6 the states art 152 to 237
- Part7 related by const.
- Part8 union territories art 239 to 242
- Part9 the panchayat art 243 to 2430
- Part9A the municipalities art 243 p to 243 zg
- Part9B cooperative society’s art 243 zh to 243 zt
- Part10 the schedule and tribunal areas art 244 to 244 A
- Part11 relation between union and states art 245 to 263
- Part12 finance, property, contract art 264 to 300 A
- Part13 trade, commerce, intercourse within Indian Territory art 301 to 307
- Part14 services under unions and states Art 308 to 323
- Part14 A tribunals art 323 A to 323b
- Part15 election
- Part16 special provision art 330 to 342
- Part17 official language art 343 to 351
- Part18 emergency provisions art 352 to 360
- Part19 miscellaneous art 361 to 367
- Part20 amendment of constitution art 368
- Part21 temporary, transitional and special provision art 369 to 392
- Part22 short title, commencement, authority text in Hindi and English art 393 to 395
Important article of Indian constitutions:
Article 12-35 specify the fundamental rights
Article 36-51 specify directive principle of states policy
Article 51 A specify fundamental duties of every citizen
Article 80 number of seats for Rajya sabha
Article 81 number of seats of Lok sabha
Article 343 Hindi as official language
Article 356 imposition of president rules in states
Article 368 amendment of constitution
Article 370 special status to Kashmir
Article 395 repeals Indian independence act gov of India act 1935.
12 schedules of Indian constitution:
Question – How many Schedules in the constitution?
- Sch 1: contain list of union and territories and their territories
- Sch2: contain provision as to president, Governors of status, speaker and deputy speaker of the house of the people and the chairman and the deputy chairman of the council of states and the speaker and the deputy speaker of the legislative assembly and the chairman and the deputy chairman of the legislative council of a state, the judge of the supreme court and of the high court and the controller and the auditors- general of India.
- Sch3: contains forum of oaths and affirmation.
- Sch 4: contain provisions as to the allocation of seats in the council.
- Sch5: contains provisions as to the administration and control of scheduled areas and scheduled tribes
- Sch 6: contain provisions as to the administration in tribal areas in the states of Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura, and Mizoram.
- Sch7: contain union list states list and concurrent list.
- Sch8: contain the list of recognized language.
- Sch9: contain the provision as to validation of certain rules and regulations.
- Sch10: contain the provision as to disqualification on defection.
- Sch11: contain the power, authority, and responsibility, of panchayats.
- Sch12: contain the power, authority and responsibility, of municipalities.
Hope this article on Constitution Questions for IBPS Recruitment helps you a lot to understand the topic. This article also required various topics more we will update it soon. You can also buy some Indian constitution books for more depth details on it. If you want to share something with us on basic constitution questions and also share your experience of ibps exam you can use our comment section given below.
|Latest IBPS Bank Exam Updates www.ibps.in
|IBPS PO 2017||IBPS SO 2017|
|IBPS Clerk 2017||IBPS Exam Pattern|
|IBPS 2017 Syllabus||IBPS Preparation Books|
|IBPS RRB 2017||IBPS Preparation Tips|