IBPS Computer based questions | Computer Basics Questions and answers for bank exams
Computer Knowledge Questions for IBPS – If you are preparing for any of banking sector and other competition exams such as IBPS, SBI, RBI, LIC, SSC, UPSC, etc. computer is an essential subject for you. It helps you in overall score calculation. If you manage basic computer questions well you improve your score too.
To score well in IBPS Computer exam paper, your fundamentals of computer basics should be clear. Here In this article, we discuss what type of information technology questions asked in ibps and IBPS Computer preparation tips with complete information about ibps computer knowledge syllabus topics.
Before starting I suggest that you should read this given information carefully, it will help you to understand the basic concept behind ibps questions on the computer. First of all, you need to know about ibps computer syllabus because objective type questions of the computer for ibps based on these topics. So you should have better knowledge of it.
Every topic creates 25 – 50 various questions. It is better to focus on the subject besides only a particular issue. If you understand the question completely, you will answer any query on it. Here are some major topics for IBPS Computer knowledge test.
Computer Basics for IBPS Exam
- Computer Definition
- Basic Organization of Computer system
- History of Modern Computer
- Different types of Computer
- Different parts of Computer
- Difference between Hardware and Software
- Difference between Input and Output Device
- Examples of Computer Devices
- Computer Shortcuts / Computer Abbreviation
- Software usage and names (MS Office, MS Excel), etc.
IBPS Computer basics topics
These given ibps computer notes will help you to answer a large number of computer basic questions for IBPS PO exam, ibps clerk exam, ibps specialist officer exam, ibps it officer exam, etc. read it carefully.
Topic 1 – What is a computer?
A computer is an electronic device/machine that receives information in a particular format as input and applies a set of operations with predetermined but variable set of programs to give a result in the form of useful information as output.
A computer can manipulate information, or data and has ability to store, retrieve and process data. In daily work computer is used for send mail, play games, write a document and for browse the web.
The form of input given to the appliance is a digitalized data, the process that data with some sequence of instruction or program to produce the result.
Computer definition and organization included in computer basics notes. It is needed to know computer basics for beginners with the knowledge of the history of the computer. The computer is considered as a programmable machine because it takes input and process that in a particular way and execute or give output as a list of programs. Many questions asked from this para in ibps bank computer paper.
Topic 2 – The primary organization of computer system?
The computer system can organize with different structure elements that make it. Computer basics the question is to define these parts:
- First is input process that used for feeding data to the appliance.
- Store process for saving and storing data and information for the use of the system.
- Processing that define a way of carrying out addition, subtraction, and multiplication or logical operations to convert them into useful information.
- Output process, a process of giving a result for the user.
- Control most significant operation that is used to co-ordinate and synchronized above processes
The architecture of computer vary from one to another system but this is the bundle of basics, organization element, that remains same in all system.
Topic 3 – History of the modern computer
History of computer system started with the analytical engine envisioned by Charles Babbage, who followed mathematical ideas of George Boole. George Boole was the first and prominent mathematician who gave principal of logic inherent in today’s digital computer.
Ada Lovelace, who was the assistant and collaborator of Babbage, introduced the ideas of program loops and the subroutine that’s why he was the first programmer.
Computer basics questions included the generations of the age of equipment. Computer age can divided into ages or can seen as the life cycle of a computer from to its first age to the current age of the computer. It is an important question that includes computer basics for beginners.
The first generation of the computer began with Vaccum Tube, and accelerated with the invention of transistors, which introduce the second generation computer system and second generation computer system, and then embedded in large numbers in IC’s (integrated circuits ) and provide the low-cost personal computer.
The first computer was ENIAC developed by John W.mauchly and J. Presper Eckert at the University of Pennsylvania, with 18000 Vaccum tubes and required 167 square meters of space. This information grabs many ibps computer based questions.
Topic 4 – Different types of the computer system?
As per consideration of size and power, computer can be divided as:
- Personal computers, a small and single user computer system, worked on a microprocessor.
- Minicomputer, the multi-user computer that supports 10 to 100 users at a time.
- Mainframe, a multi-user computer system that supports 100 to 1000 user at a time.
- Workstations, a robust and single user system that is similar to a personal system but have the most powerful microprocessor and an extreme quality of the monitor.
- Supercomputer system, very fast that performs 100 to millions of instructions per second.
IBPS Computer test includes many questions from this section read it carefully. As per physical appearance and flexibility, computer can divide into many categories:
- Desktop computer, are less expensive and are placed on a particular desk, they are not flexible to carry that used for the static area.
- A laptop computer, laptops are different from desktop, they are more expensive than desktop but are easy to take from one place to another. These are portable but difficult to access its inherent part; that’s why they are not easy to upgrade.
- A tablet computer, these are a handheld computer that is more portable, these are touch sensitive, that eliminates the requirement of keyboard or mouse. Tablets can not do all things laptop or desktop, but only for play games, check mail, or stream music and videos, tablet are good options.
- Servers are used on a network and servers another computer over there. These are large and used for a large organization or system. It looks like a regular desktop but much more giant.
Topic 5 – What are different parts needed in a computer system?
Computer basics questions include hardware and software requirement of the computer system.
That can be defined as:
(1)Memory that makes computer system to store data, and programs.
(2)Mass Storage device that is used to store a large amount of data permanently. Devices are disk drives, tape drives.
(3) Input devices that are used to give data to a computer system for processing. Devices like keyboard, mouse, etc.
(4) An output device that is used to print the result after processing of given input to the computer system. Devices like printer monitor etc.
(5)CPU, central processing unit used to control all the processing performed by above units. It defined as the heart of computer system.
Topic 6 – The difference between hardware and software in a computer system?
Computer basics note combined with the hardware and software requirement for the computer. Computer basics questions on equipment and software include knowing what is hardware and software, and how they differ from each other.
Hardware can define as that has a physical structure, which can be touched and seen or is tangible for the user like keyboard and mouse. Read this topic carefully to find IBPS computer questions with answers.
Apart from hardware, software is a set of instructions that helps equipment in performing it’s functioning and provide an interface between user and device. It is intangible for the user, it guides the device, and does not have any physical structure like hardware. The software is like browser, word processors.
- Hardware has the physical appearance whereas software is set of codes that installed on computer hard drive.
- Hardware devices are operated by software one at a time.
- Hardware makes a computer work on the same machine, software can be used to follow a person to interact with hardware.
- Hardware devices include keyboard, mouse, printer, scanner, sound card, network card, modem, CD-ROM, DVD, speaker.
- Software includes an operating system, word processors, etc.
Topic 7 – The difference between input and output device?
Here in this topic examiner tries to confuse you with ibps exam computer questions of devices. Input devices are used to give data and information for processing. Output devices are used to display the result of the processing of information provided by input devices.
Input devices only receive data, it is possible to provide information or data to another device but can not get or receives from other devices like keyboard, mouse.
Output devices on another hand can receive data or information but does not transmit or monitor, another device like a speaker, monitor, projector.
A device that can send data and receives data to known as input /output device like CD-ROM drive, USB flash drive.
Computer basics notes for beginners include the introduction of input and output device.
Input device gives data or feeds data to the computer for processing:
Topic 8 – Computer device includes – IBPS Computer related questions on computer devices such as Keyboard, mouse, scanner, digital camera, camcorder, barcode reader, pen/stylus, touch screen, webcam, biometrics.
Keyboard – this input device has the letter, number and multimedia keys for volume control, play /pause. The computer is a digital system based on machines, so every key on the keyboard is assigned a binary value that transmits binary pattern to the appliance.
Mouse – It is like a pointer, that points to an icon on the screen of equipment, so it used as a pointing device. It combined with left and right clicking buttons and a wheel for scrolling. Its function is of selecting, arranging icon on the desktop, scrolling the web page, copy/paste.
Two types of the mouse are there (1) traditional mouse with rubber covered ball at the bottom, ball rolls and resulting in movement of a cursor on the screen.
(2 ) An optical mouse that tracks mouse position using an optical sensor.
Scanner – the scanner is used to convert the print document into images. It works as a photocopier.
Digital camera – A digital camera is used to capture pictures then those images are transferred to the computer when connected. The format for images is JPEG.
Output devices: these are used to display processed data to the user of a computer system.
Output devices – monitor, speaker, printer.
Monitor – it is the most useful output device that is a display device. Monitor are of two types CRT (cathode ray tube) and LCD (liquid crystal display).
CRT are more expensive as compared to the LCD and are larger, that is why to occupy more space.
Printer – it is used to print out text/images in a paper format. There are different types of printer available like Dot Matrix, Inkjet, laser jet. Laserjet is good in quality compared to inkjet and dot matrix but expensive.
Speaker – Speakers are an essential part of computer they are available in different sizes for different purposes like a big speaker, woofers, and subwoofers.
Speakers that are small in size are built in and are used to notify about various system notifications through different sounds. IBPS computer section covers many questions from it.
Topic 9 – List of computer abbreviation
You find many of IBPS 2017 computer questions from this abbreviation learn them efficiently and score well.
- Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line – ADSL
- American National Standards Institute – ANSI
- Application Program Interface – API
- American Standard Code For Information Interchange – ASCII
- Basic Input Output System – BIOS
- Bytes Per Seconds – BPS
- Computer Aided Design – CAD
- Cisco Certified Network Associate – CCNA
- Common Gateway Interface – CGI
- Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor – CMOS
- Common Business Oriented Language – COBOL
- Central Processing Unit – CPU
- Cathode Ray Tube – CRT
- Data Base Management System – DBMS
- Domain Name System (Server) – DNS
- Digital Subscriber Line – DSL
- Erasable Read Only Memory – EROM
- File Transfer Protocol – FTP
- Giga Bytes – GB
- Graphical User Interface – GUI
- Hard Disk Drive – HDD
- Hyper Text Markup Language – HTML
- Hyper Text Transfer Protocol – HTTP
- IO: Input Output
- IC: Integrated Circuit
- IE: Internet Explorer
- ISP: Internet Service Provider
- JPEG: Joint Photographic Experts Group
- LAN: Local Area Network
- MB: MegaBytes
- MBPS: Mega Bytes Per Second
- MODEM: Modulator And Demodulator
- MP3: Motion Pictures Experts Group Layer 3
- MPEG: Motion Pictures Experts Group
- MS: Microsoft
- NTFS: New Technology File System
- OS – Operating System
- PC: Personal Computer
- PCI: Peripheral Component Interconnect
- PDF: Portable Document Format
- PNG: Portable Network Graphics
- PNP: Plug And Play
- RAM: Random Access Memory
- ROM: Read Only Memory
- SDK: Software Development Kit
- SQL: Structured Query Language
- TCP: Transmission Control Protocol
- UI: User Interface
- URL: Universal Resource Locator
- VAN: Virtual Area Network
- VB: Visual Basic
- VPN: Virtual Private Network
- W3C: World Wide Web Consortium
- WAN: Wide Area Network
- WINDOWS NT: Windows New Technology
- WINDOWS XP: Windows Experienced
- WWW: World Wide Web
- XML: Extensible Markup Language
- WYSIWYG: What You See Is What You Get
After reading this information carefully you will able to answer various ibps bank computer fundamental questions. For more details you can also try some ibps computer knowledge mock test, capsules, practice test, previous year solved papers, quiz, etc.
Hope this Complete Guide on IBPS Computer Basics 2017 helps you to understand the basic concept behind frequently asked computer basics in bank exams. If you have something more share with me. For any suggestion and query, you can use our comment section below. And share this article with your friends and community.
|Latest IBPS Bank Exam Updates www.ibps.in
|IBPS PO 2017||IBPS SO 2017|
|IBPS Clerk 2017||IBPS Exam Pattern|
|IBPS 2017 Syllabus||IBPS Preparation Books|
|IBPS RRB 2017||IBPS Question Papers|